Chapter 25

Namjoon's POV

The very night that Taehyung left wasn't easy for me, especially for my daughter. She spent the night crying for him to come back, so I ended up cradling her to sleep. She slept in my room with her Cinnamoroll in her arms. Now that it's early in the morning, I'm more worried about her. It's her family day at kindergarten, and I promised her that Taehyung will come with us but due to unfortunate circumstances, it'll only be me and my daughter. We are currently having breakfast and the frown on her face is already showing how sad she is.

"Hey, princess. Are you excited for later? We get to spend the whole day together." I cheered to lighten the mood.

She's just quietly stirring her bowl of cereals as she nods. It made me sigh as I continue drinking my coffee. I continue on trying to cheer her up until we already finished eating. After breakfast, I then helped her look for her clothes. She's included in Group Red, so we must wear a red shirt. I then tried to fix her hair, but I guess my skills aren't as good as Taehyung's, because it looks awful.

"Uhm, I'm sorry, princess...." I apologized as I scratch my nape. "Daddy sucks at hairstyles." I chuckled awkwardly, but she suddenly smiled weakly.

"It's okay, daddy." She mumbled and removed the hairbands before brushing her hair on her own.

Watching her act tough and try her best to prevent her tears broke my heart. I wish this day won't end sadly for her, especially she's been waiting for this day.

*****

Author's POV

After getting ready for the family day, Hwayoung and Namjoon are finally off to the kindergarten. Hwayoung is just silently watching the building as the car passes by, while hugging Cinnamoroll tightly. It only took them more or less than twenty minutes to arrive. The kindergarten is already filled of the incoming pupils with their parents, walking with them hand in hand. The smiles on their faces are so radiant, making Hwayoung frown as she step out of the car with Namjoon. Before walking farther inside, Namjoon knelt down to be at Hwayoung's level.

"Princess, please smile." Namjoon softly requested as he treis to flaunt a smile on his daughter. "Don't worry, everything will be okay." And slowly, Hwayoung's smile grew but Namjoon noticed that she's not looking at him.

When Namjoon looked back, he was surprised to see someone he never expected to be here. Seeing that person made Hwayoung's smile and giggle as she ran to greet her.

"Ms. Park!" Hwayoung squealed and welcomed her with a big hug.

Yes, it's her. The one and only Park Seoyeon. She's wearing a red polo shirt and jeans, accompanied with her red high-cut converse shoes. It made Seoyeon to chuckle as Hwayoung hugged her around the hips.

"Good morning, Hwayoung." Seoyeon greeted endearingly as she fondle the girl's hair.

Due to curiosity, Namjoon walked over the two. "Ms. Park? What are you doing here?" He asked.

"This is the favor Taehyung asked me, sir. I promised him that I will take his place today, because he knows that Hwayoung will be sad. I just wanted to help him, I hope you don't mind that I'm here." Seoyeon uttered worriedly, but Hwayoung's response was heard.

"Yay! Now, I have a complete family! Let's go, daddy!" Hwayoung beamed happily, which amused Namjoon as he let his daughter hold his hand.

As they walk inside the kindergarten, Hwayoung's frown was now replaced with a wide grin while holding both Seoyeon and Namjoon's hand. Seoyeon is holding Cinnamoroll and her bag on her other arm, while Namjoon carries Hwayoung's bag filled with her extra clothes and some of his things on his other arm. When they reached the registration booth, Jimin was sitting there to attend the parents and their children.