N.O 17 - Get Answers

Sophia was a mystery to Alex, the way she seemed so strong but, in her eyes, just wanted someone to help her. She hid the pain that she knows all too well easy. Why did life have to be like this. She has people around her that are more than willing to help her so why does she seem to suck in the in-between of it all.

They both were laid up in her bed Alex cuddling her as if they were spooning each other. A mountain of blankets piled on top of Sophia but even that couldn't shake the cold that had clung to her like a life source. The night had fallen upon them the silence comforting as his mid reeled with possible answers for the mystery that laid in front of him. The person he thought he had always known off by heart. The sky clear as the starts shone above them each twinkling with different lights. As if each soul had shone brighter in a past life.

Sophia shuffled in her sleep, the blankets plummeting down to the ground with a quiet puff. Without disturbing her he slips out from behind her letting the remaining blankets cover her body. The way the light from the window covered her face, in his opinion, only enhance the features on her face. Beautiful. the only word that seemed to cross his mind at the time.

In the corner, the mirror shone with a faint glow. The face becoming blurred. Blinking the mirror went back to normal. Thinking nothing if it Alex walked out of the room to go collect some water and medication to help the symptoms that may arise when she wakes up from her slumber.

As soon as the door closed the mirror faded again. The light that shone on her face before dimmed. Those features that seemed to be appreciated before cold and dark. Her hair began to move as she slept. The windows sealed shut yet the wind seemed to get stronger the cold that clung to her only getting colder.

"Sophia" a voice called out

No response

"Sophia" the voice became louder. The voice more desperate than the last.

She stirred in her sleep. An urge pulling her form her slumber than she had slipped into. To Sophia it was as if she had been through a coma.

Turning around so her body faced the mirror, her eyes shot open. The remanences of whatever dream she seemed to be having instantly wiped form her face. the feeling of her body moving, legs swinging off the side of the bed. It looked as if she was going to get up out of her bed. To her through her body didn't feel her own

One foot in front of the other. Her body 'moved on its own. No matter what she seemed to do she could not pull back from the mirror. Was she still dreaming? She had to be right?

She stepped into the little moonlight that seemed to get past the fabric that was hung over her window. Her eyes glazed over as if it wasn't her.

"Sophia" the voice ragout through the room.

"Come on Sophia follow me" the voice got closer the mirror fading out again the outline if a woman showing up

Moving one foot in front of the other she stepped closer to the mirror. Her body seeming to have a mind of its own. Sophia felt herself get lost into the abyss of the mirror as her foot stepped pass the glass a bucket of water being poured over her skin. For what seemed like the first time she stepped onto the grass. The strands flattening n under her foot.

The woman stood in front of her. The silhouette black and her eyes clear purple

"Come on sweety. You know they'll find you again. You don't need to be worried" a woman bent down to the Childs level. "Mummy always finds you"