N.O 4 'yesterday'

"Ok please explain. What is this yesterday business all about" Mira had managed to get through half of the day without demanding anymore answers but now that they had gotten to lunch, she couldn't resist anymore.

Sighing, she placed her sandwich back on her plate. Giving Mira her full attention she gave her the short-handed version of what happened.

"I was struggling to get you to the car after you fell asleep on me and I guess he just happened to come out of the restaurant and saw me struggling and offered to help. He carried you to the car. I said thanks and he walked away. That's all" she finished, going back to her lunch in front of her.

"THAT'S IT?" she shouts, slapping her hands onto the table. Several heads turning in their direction, Sophia glared at her.

"That can't be it. there was too much chemistry, too much tension" she flung her hands around trying to make a point.

"You're being dramatic. There wasn't any 'tension' or chemistry' I only met the guy yesterday for a not even a 10-minute interaction"

Mira stared at her "are you insane?!" you talked for 5 minutes and I could see that there was something there" she pointed out "you sure you haven't met him before?" she queried

"No, yes, - no "she brought a hand to her face "no I haven't. But like I could have sworn I have never seen him before. like come on how could I forget that face? but at the same time I recognised him, my body recognises his touch- "

"His TOUCH" her eyes bugged out of her face "and you think there nothing there" she reaches over to touch Sophia's forehead"

"Are you ok? Do you feel alright?" she asked concerned for her

Rolling her eyes, she moved out of her reach "I'm fine stop It" she slapped her hand away.

"Obviously not" she pulls out a chair sitting next to her. Pulling her own lunch out of her bag

"can we drop it, please?" Sophia asks when she sees her go and asks another question.

"Fine," she says before stuffing face with her lunch.

They ate in comfortable silence, the chatter of the students filling the noise in the cafeteria. The sound of a chair scraping brought their attention from their bubble.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" Alex pointed at the chair he had just pulled out from the table they were sitting at.

"No not at all, go ahead" Mira said with a small grin on her face, eyes twinkling.

"Thanks, new school. Haven't made any friends yet" he tucked in his chair his food in front of him.

"You haven't made friends "Mira scoffed "as if" she said looking him up and down

He laughed slightly a smile gracing his features "yeah, let me rephrase that, there's no one who's not got an alternative motive to get to know me, to be friends with"

"Ah yes the rich, privileged kids" Sophia joined in. Her voice caused him to look at her. Their eyes met instantly.

"exactly" he nodded leaving her gaze for a moment to look over her before they met again

"chemistry" Mira whispered towards Sophia earning her a slap on the thigh.

"So, Alex," Mira began, "what brought you to this town?" she looked at his quizzically

"Mira..." Sophia scolded her like a child

"What?" she threw her hands up "it's an appropriate question"

Before Sophia could argue Alex cut it "it's ok, really. I was on the search for someone and I found this town. I think I'll stay for a while" his eyes met hers when he said someone

A giggling Mira sat beside the two who had fully entered her own world. Not having chemistry her ass.

"Have any family?" Mira burst their bubble

"No, only a father figure" he turned his body to a line with Mira's. He felt like this might take a while.

"Pets?

"No?"

"Favourite colour?

"Brown"

"What a weird colour" she muttered "favourite food?

"Chocolate cake"

"nice" she nodded in approval "age?"

"18"

"Relationship status"

He laughed at that "single" his eyes looked off to the side quickly before returning

"Where were you born"

"I have no idea"

"What ?!" the girls exclaim

"What do you mean?" Sophia asked "how do you not know?"

"I was left at a doorstep, with only my name," he shrugged.

"You have something in common then" Mira nudged Sophia. Everyone in the town knew that Sophia was abandoned on her parent's doorstep without any information on where she came from.

"That's why you have no family" she whispered before flinching "sorry that was really insensitive of me" she slowly opened her eyes to look at him. He was already look at her a smile on his face

"It's ok. really" he turned his attention back to Mira "we done with the questions?"

"For now," she leant back in her chair her lunch long forgotten

Sound of heels sounded around them, stopping at their table.

"Oh God" the girls muttered under their breaths

"What?" Alex asks before his gaze turns to the person approaching the table "oh" he rolls his eyes slightly.

Despite Alex's obvious hatred towards Megan. She still approaches the table with them all. Her heels are halting as she reaches the person closest to her. Alex. Intentional? Quite possibly.

"Hey Alex. Want to hang out later?" she leans down to place a finger on his arm. A seductive smile on her face

Knocking her finger off his arm "no thanks" he flinches away when she moves closer to the point where she may as well just take a seat.

On his chair.

"Oh, don't be like that. Why don't you come and sit at my table instead." He smiles drops when she looks up to the other two people at the table. A grimace replacing it "I don't know why you would want to sit with them. there is nothing good here" her eyes ran over their figures and scoffed.

The group all turned to her table. Their group chatted loudly, making up most of the noise in the cafeteria. The cheerleaders practically sat on top of the footballers or the really good-looking boys of the school. They all grimaced at the site before turning back to Megan

"Yeah, no thanks" Alex moved his chair round the table, closer to Sophia "plus I think there's a lot more here than what you could provide over there" he nods to her 'table'. Megan goes to argue, moving closer once again.

"Seriously Megan leave" his kind voice hardened in a second. It was almost like watching a kid get scolded by their parents. Deciding it was no longer worth it she stopped her heels and stomped away

An audible breath could be heard from them all as they released the breath, they didn't know they were holding.

"Good riddance" he whispers under his breath

Mira turns to him with a smile on her face "I think you'll fit in just fine"

Sophia smiles staring into his emerald eyes "yeah I agree"