N.O 19- Training

“Come on Sophia it's time to get up” Sophia groaned into the bed, turning over so that the blankets cocooned her.

“Your mum said this would be difficult” he muttered under his breath

“Sophia don’t make me go and get a bucket of cold water” the threat hung in the air waiting for it to be received. When she didn’t move, he make his way into the bathroom to get the water. When he returned, she still laid in the same place as before.

“Have it your way then” he muttered under his breath but loud enough for it to be heard

Not even a second after the cold liquid landed onto Sophia’s face. jolting awake she jumped out of her bed to get away from the cold that clung to her. Water dripping from her hair.

“WHY THE HELL AM I AWAKE RIGHT NOW AT” she paused her eyes looking towards her phone that stood at the bedside table “7 in the morning?”

“good morning to you” he walked over to the curtains pulling the open allowing the sunshine to break through into the room.

“you need to get changed. Into something that you can move easily in” he stood by the window watching as she tried to remove the water and sleepiness from her body.

“why?”

“because today you're going to start your training” he said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Training?” she dropped her hands. Only now did she realise what he was wearing. Sport clothes that seem to enhance his beauty.

“oh come on you didn’t think we were going to do nothing now were you?” he put his hand on his waist

“you said we were going to get answers” she pointed her finger at him

“we are but this was ordered by the king” moving towards her he pushed her towards the bathroom in hoped that she would start getting changed
“the king?” she paused as she made it past the doorway

“yes now get changed i'll be waiting outside, closing the door he made his way to her bed a small smile gracing his face

……………………

“Where are we going?” Sophia trailed behind Alex as he made his way through the castle ground.

“Outside to train” he didn’t pause for a second, his posture of a man on a mission.

They walked into a clearing, the trees perfectly surrounding it. almost like it was meant to be

“Here, we will start with a light spar” Alex unsheathed his sword and threw it over to her. He gave a slight smirk as he witnessed her fail to catch it. Walking towards some trees, he picked up what seemed to be a flimsy stick about the length of his arm.

With a confused expression, Sophia says “You can’t be serious, I have a sword, and you have a stick.” 

A big grin spreads across Alex’s face “What I use to beat you doesn't matter, just focus on your footwork and remember. The sword is an extension of your own arm.”

“What does that even mea…” before she could finish her sentence, Alex charged and hit her on the head. Alex retreats slightly to give her some space.

No longer being dazed, Sophia prepares a counter attack. As she begins to swing, Alex sees an open and strikes once again. Losing balance, Sophia falls onto a patch of grass.

“You really are a novice, aren’t you?” Alex accused, helping her up. He stops and thinks to himself for a second.

Sighing, he looks at her and says “You don't even know the basics and your severely lacking muscle. Raise your sword, we are going to begin with defense. Follow my footwork and watch what I do.” Alex shows her some basic defensive moves and helps her improve her foot work.

“Now that you know what you're doing, you are going to stay here and train these moves.”

“When do I take my break?” Sophia questions, repeating every move over and over.

“Did I say you get a break?” Alex gives a little chuckle and walks off to a seperate clearing to do his own training.

Sophia looks at him, annoyance clear on her face as he walks away.

Time moves on and it is now close to sunset. Sweat dripping down Sophia’s face, Alex strolls over and says

“Training is over, I want you down here by 0700 to start training again. Today was just a taster of what's to come, be prepared to work twice as hard.”

Once Sophia got to her room she flopped onto her bed. Feeling exhausted, she didnt even change out of her dirty clothes when she fell straight asleep.

As the morning came, she opened her eyes and took a quick glance at her phone. Her eyes widened as she realised it was 8 in the morning. She rushed out of bed, quickly got changed and ran out of the door. Meanwhile saying “Oh crap” on repeat.

When she got to the clearing that they had trained at before, Alex was already doing some training. When he realised that she was there he stopped.

“Took your time, as punishment for being late you shall do more today. Start with some exercise, go do 10 laps around the clearing.” She looked at what she had to run in dread. 1 lap would be equivalent to running around 1 football pitch plus a bit more. Yet, she had to run 10.

At the end of the 10 laps, her legs are aching so much that she just collapsed.

Alex walks over and says with a mocking tone“Now that the warm up has been finished, how about we spar again but this time i go a bit easy. So you can practice what you have learnt.”

Sighing, Sophia struggles to get up. As she got up she unsheathed her sword and got into her defensive stance.

Once she was prepared, Alex once again charged and did a simple swing. But this time, she was able to block it with no opening. The spar continues and time moves on.

At the end of the hours long spar they went back to their rooms and Sophia once again collapses of exhaustion.

~
Another chapter...

Hope you enjoyed it, thanks to my cousin for helping me write this chapter.

Don't forget to comment you thoughts.

" everything happens for a reason"

Love y'all
Zoe Hill