N.O 30 'Her story'

This is a longer chapter than the other ones.

so buckle up and enjoy...

..................

Sophia's P.O.V

"Do you know the plan?" Alex asks me again.

After standing around in our embrace for a couple of minutes, we both decided that it probably wasn't the best idea to just stand around and stare at the façade that could be covering up the disaster that was happening behind it. So, we sat down and tried to come up with a good idea that could work no matter the circumstances that were happening behind the mirror. Not going to lie, that was harder than we both first thought. Planning a battle plan without knowing who your enemy is. That was a new experience for me. Not that I have ever had to plan for something like this before but you know what I mean. Right?

"Yes Alex, I know what the plan is" I lifted my hand to grab his, he was currently pacing in front of me, his foot print making a permanent imprint on the grass.

"You sure?" he questions

"Yes!" I tightened her grip pulling him into a hug. Alex tightened his hold, afraid that I may slip from his grasp and disappear from his life.

"I'm sorry, I just don't want you to get hurt" he said, his words being muffled in her hair.

"You know that what happens from the moment we step into battle isn't your fault right?'' I replied.

Alex nodded slightly.

"Come on I need you to say it" I squeezed him slightly

"Right," he replied. I sighed. I knew that no matter what I say to comfort him, the moment the plan is set into motion his thoughts were only going to be half on the plan and mostly whether I'm safe. And although the thought that he cared that much about me warms my heart, he needs to be 100% in it because he could get hurt. I'm not ready for him to.... I sniffed at the thought. Tears already brimming in my eyes

"hey "Alex grabbed my face in between his hands "what's wrong" he brushed tear that had escaped

"Promise me that no matter what happens, if the plan goes wrong, or '' I choked '' one of us will get injured. You'll protect yourself first.'' Another tear fell down my cheek as I watched the pain flicker through his eyes.

"Oh soph" his voice trailed of

"Please, promise me. I need to know that whatever happens to me you'll be fine, safe. Please" I closed my eyes, the tears unstoppable now

"I promise" he choked out the tears brimming in his eyes.

He brought me back into hold, tucking my head under his chin.

"Shhh it'll be ok. Nothing will happen." Alex said as he stroked my head, trying to calm me down.

Once I was reduced to sniffles, I locked my watery eyes on his. God, he looked so beautiful right now.

"Come on, we need to do this" I broke the comfortable silence that had fallen upon us. Reaching up I wiped the last traces of her pain from her face. "Our time is limited as it is and us standing here isn't helping them anymore."

"Ok" Alex replied gently, placing his hands on either side of my face. "Are you 100% sure you know the plan?" he confirms yet again.

A small smile appears on my face "yes I remember"

"Good" he stared at me like he was trying to commit every feature to his memory. I was doing the same

"Come on let's do this" I said, trying to hype both of us to doing this. I'm not going to lie. I was scared. Terrified. But I knew that I had to do this. I had to help stop her and I definitely wasn't going to hide in the corner while everyone around me sacrificed themselves for the cause. my eyes locked with his.