N.O 21- Magic lesson 1

"Uh sorry?" Sophia stared at him not believing what he just said

"You heard me," he said, moving away from her "we are practising magic".

Looking at him in shock, she let out a subtle "ok".

"Before you learn any spells, you're going to learn how to control your unique magic. How well can you control it now?"

She looked at him, her eyes wide "c-control it? I have magic?"

"Lets see" he rubbed his chin "that time you were in class and you 'accidentally' threw a pen at Megan"

"That was me?" she pointed towards herself. There was no way she did that

He nodded "yeah that was you and being able to have control over that power you could use it for much more that just throwing objects at our classmates"

Sophia could feel the heat racing up her cheeks as she looked towards the ground.

He stepped forwards "lets start from the beginning, telekinesis, is moving or throwing objects with you mind. Much like you did in class. However with practise and learning how to control this power you could be able to pick up living organisms, have the ability to remove things form walls, ceilings and floors. Which can do more damage to people if your not careful." he paused to let the information sink in.

"There are other things that I have seen you do, like shattering your window. That was you in your sleep and slipping into a conscious mind where you thought you were in danger and tried to save yourself. The overwhelming power that you released caused the window to shatter. There are more things that have happened to you like walking through that mirror, although that wasn't fully you, you did assist the movement and the spell to be complete."

"Wait." she put a hand up " spells? That is a thing?"

"You have seen fairies and a magical kingdom and your questioning whether there are spells?" he stared at her in disbelief

"Are there werewolves too?" her eyes glistened with the possibilities

"I can practically hear what you are saying" he sighed " sadly there are no werewolves but some say that soulmates exist"

"ok "she nodded her head, her gaze wandering off into the distance "can you show me a spell?"

He pushed unsure of whether it was a good idea to do it

"please " she started up at his her hands clasped together

"Fine" He sighed before lifting his hand and aimed at a steel training dummy. 'flagro!' He said, just loud enough for her to hear. A ball of fire appeared and shot at a high speed at the dummy. The impact of the explosive fire sent a shockwave through Sophia making her shiver. Without looking back, he carried on with his lecture. "And when you imagine the spell well enough you can cast it without saying a word" once again, a ball of fire barrelled at the dummy causing a second shockwave.

Wide eyed Sophia shouted over the explosion "When do I get to learn that?"

"Once you get up to a better standard with your telekinesis."

"Ok " Sophia said, clapping her hands together.

"Ok , let's begin then." He walked over to a crate that sat off to the side of the area

"We will start with this" he grabbed a steel ball out of the crate and placed it in the middle of the clearing "I want you to envision the ball being lifted up and placed back into the crate. Feel it. See it and become one with the ball."

"Are you sure this is going to work?"

"We are about to find out. Just do what i said and it'll be fine" he held his hand out in front of him pointing at the ball

"Ok I'm getting there slow your horses" she began to walk over to the ball stopping just before the metal ball on the floor

"Just feel it. See it and become it" Alex repeated one more time.

She closed her eyes, imagining the ball moving into the box. When she felt nothing happen she opened her eyes again.

"Nothing's happening"

"You have to feel it. see it and be-"

"become it. yeah I know. It's hard. How heavy is this thing anyway?" she bent down to try and lift the ball up only for it to stay where it was.

"Jeez How heavy is this thing?" she looked down at the ball, her eyes wide.

"Hmmmm, about 20 kilograms" he said, trying to suppress a smile. "Now, you will train to move, throw that. Once you are able to do that, we will increase the weight. When you can do 100 kilograms, you will learn how to control the other uses of telekinesis."

"But right now you need to be able to move this so" he reached down and picked up the ball without any struggle and placed it in her hands. Alex chuckled as he witnessed her drop it with a thud.

"Stop laughing at me" she placed her hands up to her face, her hand hanging low.

"Oh come on " he reached over to her and slowly removed her hands from her face.

"At least you now know how heavy the ball is and can now feel the weight of the ball as you try to move it" he squeezed her hand

"I'm not going to be able to move it though" she looked at him and then at the ball.

"Not with that attitude" he squeezed her hand bringing her attention back to him. "Come on. You've got this'' he let go of her hand stepping back. Sophia took one more glance at Alex as he moved away. With a small nod of encouragement she closed her eyes once more and tried to imagine the ball moving off the floor and into the box. She felt the weight of the ball in her hands and imagined how it would move. She became one with the ball.

Off to the side of her Alex watched as she glowed white and a small crown began forming on her head, he couldn't believe his eyes. She was like nothing he had seen before. She was truly something that was too precious for the world that we called earth. He now understood why she was so important to find all those years ago when she first went missing, when she was ripped out of his life taking a piece of his heart with her. Not only was she beginning her first ever transformation, that took years to do, he could see the ball that laid at her feet began to lift off the ground.

She was doing it. A small smile pulled at the corner of his mouth as he watched, for the first time, someone doing something so big in one day. Every person he has watched learn how to do this magic, including himself, had failed to even move the ball with so little practise.

Alex was brought back to reality when he saw the glow begin to disappear and the ball slowly returned to the floor.

Slowly opening her eyes Sophia stared at the ball that looked like it hadn't moved an inch.

"It's useless, it didn't even move" she sighed he eyes locked onto the ball

Knowing it was anything but useless, Alex made his way over to where she stood. Placing his hands on her shoulders he said " you're forgetting, you're new to this. Magic isn't easy. It takes time to master." he paused looking around the grounds. People were starting to fill the area that was once empty "we will finish today, meet me here tomorrow same time" nodding Sophia began to walk away

"And make sure to get some rest. All magic has an opposite reaction to all of us when we practise. We need to make sure we get rest to be fully charged for next time" he called out before she had walked too far. with one more look at Sophia as she walked back towards the castle. Alex began to put away everything.

Something was going to change around this land, he could feel it. And he wasn't too sure if that was a good thing or not.