N.O 32 The End.

Sophia stayed in her position for a while before remembering something important.

Something so valuable she didn't even know how the hell she even forgot about it

"ALEX!!!" Sophia half stumbled and sprinted over to him, her body groaning in protest. His body was still on the ground. Tears clouding her vision, her heart already accepting the worst. She fell to the ground next to him, her eyes frantically searching for any indication that he was alive. Her eyes halted at the rising and falling of his chest. Happiness flooded her body. He was alive. Barley but alive.

"Alex?" she reached out a shaking hand to stroke his head. A small groan slipped out of his mouth as she ran her hand over a cut on his head. His eyes fluttered open slightly, they instantly locked onto hers. A small smile followed by a couple of tears appeared on his face. she wasn't dead. That's all that mattered to him right now. He could pass out knowing she was battered but he had protected her. She was fine.

"I should have known that you would be the one to save me." Alex slurred out. His body was shaking from the effort. He was borderline dead and he knew it.

"You've always saved me" his eyes fluttered as he tried to keep them open. His body struggling to find the energy to keep him awake.

"N-no no" Sophia grabbed his cold body, pulling him to her chest, tears welling in her eyes. Her hands were trying to find the wound that was producing the most blood to put pressure on it.

"Keep your eyes open Alex!" she grabbed him tight, tears silently falling down her cheek.

A small smile pulled on the corner of his lips, his face paling at the effort "it's ok my love" he reached for her hand gently squeezing it. His touch feeling like a ghost on her hand. He could feel the energy slowly drain out of him like the blood was dripping down his shoulder.

"N-no no it isn't, you're not dying yet. You can't." she shook her head. Panic rising within her. Sniffling, she removed her eyes from his to survey the area. She was trying to see if there was at least one medic left standing.

"HELP ME, ANYONE?" she cried. "Please" her voice cracked.

A hand pulled her attention back to Alex's "I love you" he slurred out, his eyes staring into hers as they began to flutter shut.

"NO!" She sobbed "NO ALEX KEEP THEM OPEN" she watched as the man that she had become attracted to and learnt to love in the short period of time slowly slip through her fingers, the light in his eyes slowly dimming.

"I love you" she whispered, bringing his body closer, rocking them. The wind brushed through her hair. Almost as if it was mourning with her.

"Miss, I need you to let him go" Sophia shook her head

"Miss, I need to help him" the woman gripped her shoulder pulling them away with little effort the fight was already leaving her body.

" Help him. Please " I choked out the tears falling from my trembling body as I shuffled to the side.

Please be ok

........

Beeping filled the room, a small reminder that he was still there. Hours, minutes, seconds had gone by and there seemed to be no change in his condition. No improvement yet no indication that he was worsening. Not long after the nurses had reached her location out of the field, they had immediately rushed Alex to the hospital that was still somehow standing.

When she arrived at the hospital, they immediately took Sophia to get checked out. Her body was weak and barely standing from the injuries that she had sustained. They bandaged her up, gave her medicine and told her to get rest before leaving the room and turning the light off so that she could follow their request. Of course, as soon as the door shut Sophia rushed out trying to find Alex.

And that's how she ended up here, clinging onto Alex's hand as if he was her lifeline. His cold hand stopped her from moving or sleeping. She couldn't let the chance that he either wakes up or dies and she's not mentally present to say goodbye or hello.

"Please" a tear trailed down her face, her hand tightening even more "you're the only one left here"

Sophia knew that she had her family and her best friend back home but none of them could understand what she's gone through like him. Right now, she was alone. He was the other half of her. If he died, she wouldn't know what to do with herself. She would have a kingdom to rebuild and run, by herself alone. How could she do that and live with her family at home? That's not possible to do.

The beeping of the machines was her reminder that, for now, he was alive. He still had a chase of fighting and winning this time.

"Please" she whispered once more. reluctantly she could feel her body shut down unwillingly. Her eyes fluttered shut as she rested her head on the bed. Her hand never leaving his.

..

Alex couldn't remember much of what happened except that he had watched Sophia fall to the ground and the witch behind her. He collapsed not long after.

Pain shot through his chest at the thought of her dead. He couldn't believe that she was gone. And he didn't, couldn't do anything to protect her. He should have prepared her more. What was he thinking? She's never had any training to fight except his few lessons but that wasn't and didn't protect her against this.

Guilt flooding him.

"Please" Sophia's begging voice broke his thoughts. The cloudiness breaking form his head

Wait?

Sophia.

A small groan slipped his lips as he tried to force his eyes to open. His body weighed a thousand bricks on the bed except his hand. That felt like a feather. Beeping rang through his head. He was alive? Or dead?

Trying again. He opened his eyes. Bright white lights caused him to momentarily close his eyes before opening them again. Looking around he saw the white walls, white sheets, and the white door. If there wasn't the beeping coming from beside him, he would have assumed that he had died and gone to heaven. Lastly his gaze landed on the beauty that had fallen asleep next to him. Her hair spread across the bed sheet and a peaceful face as she slept. He could clearly see the places that she was hurt, each bandage causing a small pain in his chest. But it didn't matter really. Not to him. She was safe. She was alive with minimal injuries. Relief flooded through him.

He felt like thanking the heavens above for keeping her safe. He moved his hand out of her grasp and placed it on her head, wincing as he moved. Carefully he brushed the few strands out of her face, almost wishing for just one minute time could stand still. Because right now all he had ever wanted was laying down next to him and they were safe. They would be fine.

A small groan came from her perfect lips before they fluttered open.

"Alex?" she whispered. Before shooting up and wrapping her arms around him carefully not wanting to injure him anymore. Wrapping her into him arms "I'm here love and I'm not leaving" he whispered into her ear as her body shook with sobs.

"I love you" she moved slightly to look into his emerald eyes that sparkled as he looked at her.

"I love you more" he croaked out before leaning down to place a small kiss in her hair.

"Always?"

"Always" he replied a smile adoring their faces

yeah, they were going to be ok,