N.O 27- I've got you

Alex's POV

"Oh god I thought I had lost you" he reached forward for her, pulling her into a tight hug.

They had both rode far from the place she was being held captive in and found a small opening in the forest to pause in.

"I don't think you could ever lose me. '' he arms tightening around him. Her head resting just above his heart. Her wounds on her body ached but she could barely feel it. For the first time since she had been taken, she finally felt safe. Like she had found her way home.

Sighing Alex tightened his grip on her, afraid that she would disappear again. Sophia winces slightly at the pressure.

"Shit, Sophia. Are you ok?" reluctantly he pulled her from his embrace. His eyes frantically looked for injuries on her body. His eyes stopped at the first obvious injury on her body. Her wrists. Gently he grabbed her wrists in his grasp. The movement is painful to watch and feel.

"I'm ok" Sophia removed one of her hands from his grasp resting it on his cheek, gaining his attention.

"Are you hurt anywhere else?" he asked, ignoring her, she was clearly not ok.

"Alex-"

"Please don't-" his voice cracked slightly "I thought that I had lost you. You" he breathed in "you were in front of me and the next you were g-gone "a small sob wracked his body 

"and now you in front of me with scratches on you face and bruises on your body with other injuries that I can't even think of" he moved out of her grip.

 "So please don't say you're ok. '' he squeezed his eyes shut, the pain that he felt at her being hurt, more painful than any physical injury he had ever had.

"Hey. she moved towards his shaking figure. She had never seen him so broken over anything, even if it had to do with her. "I'm fine, I promise" she gripped his hand pulling him back into her arms.

Sighing "look if you're that worried, let's go back to the castle and have me looked at"

"SHIT" Alex ripped himself out of her hold. The castle. God how stupid could he be. He needed to get back. But he had to get her safe. But the castle was in danger. Daniel?

"Alex? What's the matter?" he innocent and confused look boke him slightly

"The castle is in danger. They were preparing for war when I left to come and get you."

"What! you left them?" her eyes widened

"Of course, I did, I knew where you were and you needed my help. I wasn't going to just leave you in that hell hole. My job is and has always been to protect you" he grabbed her hand again

"Alex..." she looked at him.

"I lost you once, twice I could not let you leave again, it's too painful"

"Again? What?"

"We were ten, maybe younger, and we used to climb up a tree house. You called it our palace. Our special place. "a smile pulled on his face. "We used to spend hours up there pretending that the world didn't exist to us. One night you made a stupid promise that I would never leave you, I promised-"

"I would never let you go," she breathed out. "My god that was you" her eyes lit up.

"I thought I had dreamed that" she bright a hand to her mouth.

"I held onto that promise, I knew that if you ever left me, I would die." he paused watching Sophia shake her head slightly

"I was a dramatic kid ok" he laughed slightly. "But then one day, you disappeared with the king and the queen. And one day, as I waited at the gate for your carriage to return. There was only one passenger on the cart. You had not returned." he looked into the distance, his gaze on the trees instead. "God, I felt terrible, I had broken the promise, I lost you and you walked away with a part of me. I cried for weeks; your dad couldn't get me to do anything. To be honest I think I blamed him slightly but I was 10 I guess I didn't truly understand what had happened."

"However, you dad came to be one day, he knelt to my height and said 'she's not gone forever, she's right here' he pointed to my head 'and here' he pointed to my heart" Alex rested his free hand above his heart. Tears in his eyes

"He then continued 'she wouldn't want to see you cry; she'd want you to protect the kingdom that you created'. I always thought that one day I would get to see you and say, look, you remember?! But I never got over the fact that the kingdom felt as if it crumbled and burned to the ground because you had left. I had nothing else to protect. Daniel then put me in the training program to become a guard, to get my mind off the fact that I could hold you, I could have your light. I stuck to it for a while until I left to find you. That's when I saw you at-"

"School. I remember that, I felt like I knew you. I had no idea why because I thought you were the biggest jerk ever" she laughed slightly tears welled in her eyes

"I could believe how much you had grown but yet you somehow still looked like the little girl that I used to spend all my time with." his eyes found hers again

"And when you were taken again, it was like the first time all over again. I knew I wasn't going to survive it again so I searched for you."

"And you found me and I'm ok." Sophia replied with her hands finding his face. His hands wound around her waist.

"I don't know what I would have done without you." he lent forward placing his forehead against hers, his eyes saying all that needed to be said

"And you won't have to," she said quietly. For a moment it felt like all she would ever need stood right in front of her. It felt like home.

"Can I kiss you? Please" he whispered

She nodded slightly; she gripped his face pulling him closer. His lips just brushing hers, his arms gripped her wait pulling her in closer.

The sound of the horse neighing from behind them separated them.

"God way to destroy the moment" Alex whispered, getting a little giggle out of Sophia

"Come on, we have a castle to save." she reached for his hand pulling him back towards the horse.

"Wait" Alex shouted. Gripping her hand, he brought her back smashing his lips on hers. His arms wrapped themselves around his neck pulling him in, removing the space that was in between them. A small groan came from Alex as her hands bruised his hair. Eventually they both pulled back for air

"I couldn't let myself go back to that castle without doing that once."