N.O 33 Epilogue

Several years later...

"Hey, have you seen my earrings?" Sophia asks Alex

"They are on the table love." he says from behind her as he ties his tie,

"What about-"

"Also, on the table" Alex cuts in. Sophia sighed walking toward their dressing table to get her jewellery. Quickly putting on her earnings, she moves to get her necklace but is stopped as Alex grabs it before she can. His hands are going to move her curled hair from her neck putting it on for her.

"Everything's going to be alright" he said putting wrapping his arms around her waist his head resting in her neck.

Learning back into his embrace "I know but everything needs to be perfect."

"And it will be" he kissed her neck before moving to grab her crown from the stand. Spinning her around, his eyes met hers. Both their breaths hitch at the sight of each other. He moved his hands to place their crown neatly on her head.

"A crown for my queen" he whispered. She was stunning, crown or no crown she was his and beautiful to look at.

20 years since they were both faced with a challenge that they thought they would never survive. And yet here they stood. Diamond rings on their fingers and the castle fully repaired from the damage. a few weeks after the battle, they had held a funeral out in the garden to celebrate the lives of those who had lost their fighting for theirs and to say good bye to their late King David. after that they had waited a week before crowing the next in line as queen. a few years after they gave birth to River and a year later, they gave birth to a beautiful healthy baby girl. Willow. Of course, they included their families and invited them back to stay at the castle. Mira decided to stay behind and pursue her career in fashion but stayed in touch and visited her god children once in a while. and her parents? they visit more often than not, using the castle as an excuse as a holiday. all in all, everyone had made it out alright.

"Dad! Tell her to stop bothering me and go help them set up" River walked into the bedroom, his sister walking through not long after. With one last glance at his wife, he turned to look at his son.

"Willow, leave him alone. You know todays a big day for him. He doesn't need or want you to add to his never-ending list" he stated.

She bowed her head slightly "yes father" she taunted.

Sophia walked towards river placing her hands on his face "happy 18th baby" she kissed his head

"Thanks mom" he leant down to place a kiss on her head. He was definitely a mommy's boy.

"Come on let's go and help with the finishing touches" Alex said ushering everyone out of the room before turning to his wife.

"I love you" he leant down to kiss her lips.

"Love you more" she giggled after they pulled away

"Always?" he questioned

"always "with one last kiss on the lips they moved out of the room. Following the sound of their bickering children.

........

The ballroom was decorated beautifully. The stairs had flowers lining the banister and flowers decorated the ceiling. The chandelier had been freshly cleaned and hung above the centre of the room creating an aureate light around the room. A table sat to the side of the room filled with drinks and food for the guests to enjoy as they danced the night away. On the other side of the room, a group of live musicians all ready with their instruments to provide the music of the night. One wall of windows was wide open to let in the fresh night air into the room. It was perfect.

It was nearing 8 o'clock when they finally opened their doors to let the guests in. each and every one of them dressed in formal wear glittered under the light. Some with partners and some without, just trying to enjoy their night out.

The ball was being held as a party for River's 18th party. But he also insisted that everyone was and should be welcomed into the castle walls, no matter who they were, or where they were from. He decided that even if it was for one night everyone should be allowed to celebrate and have one night of fun where nothing really mattered. He was kind like that and would make a good king in the future.

As guests poured in the music began and people flooded the dance floor. Their outfits fluttered as they moved. Sophia went to stand next to her son, who stood at the door greeting people in. "I think everything worked out alright," she said as she approached him.

"It's everything I could have imagined and more. Thanks mom" he kissed her on the cheek

With a smile on her face, she shooed him onto the dance floor to have some fun. Instead, she took his job of greeting everyone in. making them feel welcome.

A pair of arms slithered around her waist. Instantly knowing who it is she relaxed into his embrace. Their eyes moving to their children who danced on the floor. Well willow was over by the food and River had already found a partner who looked like a goddess in her dress. Her brown hair perfectly framing her face. A smile adoring both their faces.

"Do you think they will be alright?" she asked as she kept her eyes on her children

"Yeah, I think we will all be ok" he kissed her cheek

...

River's P.o.v

"Would you like to dance my lady?" River bowed in front of the most beautiful women that his eyes had the pleasure of looking at. As soon as his mom had let him go, he had been lined for the women that he had greeted only a few moments ago. He just felt like he had to know her. She was stunning.

She smiled at him. Although her eyes showed her hesitancy she nodded and walked with him into the middle of the dance floor.

"May I say you look beautiful tonight," he said as they took their position.

"Thank you." she said before continuing "you too"

"Thank you" a smile adorned his face.

As the music started, they moved in time. Their movements are in sync with each other.

"It was very nice for the prince to hold this for everyone" she stated looking at the man in front of her. His eyes glistened like he knew something she didn't.

"Yeah, it is," he replied. Apparently, she didn't know who he was. It was nice for once to have someone not know who he was. He was going to like her. Very much.

THE END 

....

Thank you if any of you made it this far into the book.  I really hope that you enjoyed it as much as I did writing it.  Thanks for the support and I hope you enjoy reading any other books that I write in the future.

love,

zoehill 💕