N.O 20 - The library

Footsteps rang throughout the empty hallway as Sophia walked through

Although she had been in their castle for over a week now she hadn't had a chance to explore inside the castle walls. Especially with the training that she was having she was always too tired to walk through the grounds let's alone explore the castle.

The decorations on the walls only help to enhance the beauty of the structure. The water features that make the place more peaceful than possible.

Sophia had no idea where she was going. She was lost. But in honesty she didn't care. Every turn she made the more rooms she came across. The more excited she would get.

She wondered what else this castle held. Earlier she had stumbled across the kitchen. The many people that stood cooking for the king were amazing. The way each person knew what they were doing without a word spoken. All with smiles on their faces.

She didn't stay there before she was shooed back to the corridor.

All the people she happened to run into along her journeys were so nice even if they did shoo her out of the area. Everyone seemed so happy

But all good things had to come to an end,like this corridor.

In front of her laid a pair of double doors. Each having an incredible design carved into them. Each telling their own piece of history.

Her hand reached out to trace the lines. Dust clouds appearing as she trailed it.

Carefully resting her palms on the door she pushed it open.

The room was magical. Somehow she had made it into one of the towers of the castle. The hexagon shape being illuminated with the windows that climbed up the buildings. Books covering the walls of the tower all the way to the top. The book dates back to the 1600s. The stairs were covered in lights as they spirald to the top.

A singular chandelier hung from the top making the place more magical than possible, a couple of chairs littered around the room one of them being under a window a singular pillow resting in the arm rest.

The best part about the room?

It was hidden and made you feel as if you had been transported into whatever book you were reading. Walking into the room, her hands traced the spines of the books. A look of aw on her face when she realized they had all the books she enjoyed reading

She was definitely going to have to come back to this place in the future.
Grabbing a book off the shelf she made herself comfortable on one of the chairs in the room. Turning the first page she allowed herself to be transported in the world that was being created as she read
"Aren't you meant to be training?"

The book in her hands fell to the floor. The sound is loud in the quiet library.

Untucking her feet from the position they were in "your majesty" she replied quickly grabbing the book on the floor going to stand up

"Oh no please stay seated. I'm glad you're enjoying the library" he moved from the entrance before walking towards the books on the wall. A hand tracing over the books.

A wishful look came over her face " me and your mother used to come in here together, both sat in the arm chair" nodding his head to the armchair that sat by the window at the back of the room " after we had sneaked out of my fathers ball. both reading different book but understanding the same things"

He turned to look towards his daughter. "Even when we had you. We still managed to come in here to read you books. You loved this place" his eyes drifted over the room before finding their way back towards Sophia's

" you used to cry when we left." A small chuckle pasted his lips " we would always have to promise to bring you back, as your mother would say 'Blaire will come back tomorrow for another adventure' I don't know how but you were always quiet after her words

"I'm sorry to interrupt but why the name Blair?" Sophia broke in, the burning question too big to ignore.
A smile graced his features "it was my mothers middle name" he looked at her "she would have loved you"

His smile faded slightly "anyway. I let you get back to your reading" he moved towards the door "if i were you i would hide, alex is looking for you. You're just a little late to training" he gave her a little wink before exiting the room.

With the silence restored once more she grabbed her book off the table beside her. Although she knew that she was late to her training she just didn't want to leave the comfort of the library. It was a nice change to the vigorous training that she had been doing for the past week. Her legs protesting as she moved them under her as she curled into the chair, with the book in her lap she continued reading.

"So this is where you are?" Alex stomped through the door. So interested in her book she didn't hear the door open

"You were meant to be at training 2 hours ago!" he stopped in front of her. "I thought something had happened to you" releasing that she wasn't listening he grabbed the book out of her lap

"Hey!" she exclaimed, failing to grab the book back off of him.

"Did you hear anything that i just said?" he said, keeping the book out of her reach. Sophia crossing her arms in response

"I was enjoying that, they were about to kiss!! You interrupted me" she exclaimed in frustration.

Shaking his head he closed the book placing it on the table behind him "we need to train.'' When she didn't move from her position he spoke again "today were changing things up" sighing he grabbed her arms pulling her up.

"Stop being so stubborn" he muttered under his breath

"I don't want to train , my legs hurt" she said looking at her legs. Knowing what was coming next he let go of her arms to crouch in front of her.

"Come on hop on" he said as her arms made their way around his neck, her legs finding themself wounded around his torso. He slowly made his way out of the library walking around the castle with ease, even with Sophia hanging on like a monkey on her back.

"Go horse go!" Sophia shouted pointing forward.

"Go horsey go!" blair exclaimed. A giggle coming from below her as Alex's legs ran forward, his hand gripping her thighs tightly. The wind caressing their faces as they ran around the trees.

"Hey Sophia, do you want to get down now?" his voice breaking her out of her trance "i mean i'm fine carrying you but-"

"Alright let me go" she shouted, jumping off of his back.
"What are we doing today sir!" she saluted him as they stood in the training grounds once more

"Today" he looked at her debating whether this was a good idea "we are going to be practising magic"