N.O 6 'Happy Birthday'

The sun beamed through the windows, leaving no trace of the rain that happened last night, showing the rectangular patches of brighter wallpaper that covered the wall. After the movie had finished, they awoke the two on the sofa and made them go to bed. Inviting Alex to go to their spare bed. He left early in the morning, claiming he had to go buy something.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" mum and dad says bursting through the doors of her bedroom and comes round my bed kissing their baby girl on the cheek.

"Thanks guys" she replied, her arms winding their way around their bodies pulling them in close.

"Here are first present for you" mum says pulling a small box that was wrapped in 18th paper from behind her back.

"First present?" she questioned. Usually when it someone's birthday they would just search for one present that that person wanted. It wasn't because they didn't love them it was just that they have always been strapped in money, so you just learnt to appreciate even the small gift.

"Of course, it's your 18th we are not just going to get you one present " he says feigning offence. Pressing a hand against his heart

Her fingers gripped the box tight enough that it wont slip form her grip but not denting it at same time. pushing her pillows up she sat up resting her body against the fluffy object .

"Come on then, open it" mum, says practically jumping upon and down

A smile pulled her lips at her mother's actions. Anyone would have thought that it was her birthday instead. She shook the box to try and figure out what it could be. The object rattling in the seemingly empty box.

"Oh, come on" her mum said jokingly

"Calm down love, she's going to open it in her own time" he laughed.

Laughing quietly her fingers slipped underneath the paper, taring it off the box. Opening the box carefully she met with an old looking necklace that looks like it been well loved. The necklace has a moon with a few stars hanging from the chain. It was perfect.

"Thank you, it's beautiful" she whispered her eyes enchanted by the dainty piece of jewellery. She held it up in the light, the necklace dangling from her fingers.

"it's what I got for my 18th and I thought that you should have it" mum says

"Thank you" carefully placing in back in its box she moved towards her mum who now sat down on the edge of her bed. She wrapped her arms around her figure, giving her a squeeze before letting go and sitting back where she was. Her eyes already admiring the necklace.

"Do you want help to put it on?" mum asks he hear full to the brim with the knowledge that her daughter loves her present.

Nodding Sophia carefully placed the necklace in her mother's palm before turning around so she could put it on

"there" she says placing her hand on her shoulder. After a few moments her dad coughs, getting their attention

"Come on then, let's get you to school" dad says hitting me jokingly around the head

Moaning she reluctantly got out of bed to get ready for the day. "Turning 18, man you would have thought that gives me the privilege of having a day off" she whispered under her breath whist browsing her clothing options.

"Not today missy" he replied giving her quick kiss on her head before leaving the room

"you'll get your other presents later" her mom says before placing her hand on Sophia shoulder and giving her a kiss.

"Thanks again mom" Sophia rested her hand on top of her mother's giving it a small squeeze

Nodding her mother then left the room her feet pattering on the faded wood in her wake.