N.O 2 'Can I help?'

When the clock reaches 7 o'clock, Sophia is drained. She's done some of her school work, been on her phone. Done more homework, gone on her phone. She repeated that cycle until she had finished everything that needed to be done. in the middle of the cycle, she had also helped her parents cook dinner and wash up after. To many, that doesn't seem like much was done to make her so drained. But to Sophia it was. Bones heavy she flopped herself down on her bed. Begging for sleep

Just as her eyes were about to close, her phone began ringing. Blindly looking for it she smacked her hand on every surface until her hand made contact with the cold screen. Not wanting to open her eyes yet she answered the phone with a groan.

"Sophia?" a small voice came through the phone, followed by a sniffle. Sophia's heart broke at the small sound.

"Mira?" she said softly "are you ok?" her body that was basically asleep awoke to what was said next

"Can you come and pick me up? Please" a sob broke through her lip. Sophia's heart raced at the sound of her so broke.

"of course, I can, text me where you are and I can get you" Sophia got off her bed rushing downstairs to put her shoes on. almost tripping in the process. A small 'ping' was heard from her phone. Quickly looking at the address she grabbed her coat and the keys from the pegs by the door and was ready to go out the door when she heard footsteps behind her. Turning, she made eye contact wither her mums.

"Hey Mira" she flinched at the sound of her friend whispering a small yeah through her sobs. She hated how weak and vulnerable she sounded right now. "Stay where you are I'm coming to get you, ok?" she spoke in a low careful voice. Just trying to comfort her without being right next to her.

"ok" she sniffled.

"Just hold on" she ended the call.

"Where are you going this late?" the mum walked down the last few steps. Her eyes locked onto her daughtered disgruntled face. "Is everything alright?" she reached out to place her hands on the shoulders

"it's Mira. She needs me" Sophia moved to run a hand down her face. she was tired but mostly worried. She had never heard Mira so... Broken before.

He mother nodded her head and reached for the keys in her daughter's hand "come on then. Do you have the address?" she asked

"yeah" she showed the address to her mum.

"Come on then" they walked out of the door hand in hand to the car.

Following the satnav on the phone they manged to get to Mira in 10 minutes. As they arrived at what seemed to be a restaurant, everything seemed to click in Sophia's mind. Turns out she was right. Jake really is a no-good playboy that only sets out to hump and dump. They stopped the car in the parking lot around the back. As soon as the engine was turned off Sophia rushed to the figure that was huddled by the door. her arms winding themselves into the shaking body.

"I'm here its ok" Sophia whispered into her ear trying to calm Mira down. At least enough to the point where they can get into the warmth of the car.

"He-he" she chocked a new wave of tears falling down her face.

"Hey its ok, you can explain later right now just focus on breathing. Can you do that for me?" Sophia whispered.

With a slight nod from Mira, she continued "in" she breathed in with her "and out" they breathed out together "that's it, in" they breathed in "and out" they did this a couple more times until her stiff shaking body slumped into Sophia's hold.

"It's ok, let's get you into the car" she carefully lifted her to her feet before moving her arm from around her waist she maneuvered Mira's body so that she was taking most of the weight. It was only now that Sophia realised that her mum had stayed in the car to keep it warm for them both. Which was fine but now Sophia has to somehow get Mira in the car by herself.

Sighing quietly, she placed Mira's arms around her, her grip tightening almost immediately as if Sophia was the only thing keeping her whole. They slowly made their way towards the car, one little step at a time.

"You need help there?" some manly voice asks from behind the pair, stopping slightly Sophia turned her head carefully, conscious of the being that was hung on her.

"Hi?" Sophia said. Her gaze met his. She recognised this man. But she could have sworn that she's never seen him before. Those eyes, they look like they could tell a story. She recognised those eyes. Why did she feel like she knew this man?

"Blair?" he whispered his eyes wide

"Excuse me?" Sophia asked, eyebrows drawn.

"sorry" he cleared his throat; do you need help moving her? I could carry her to where ever you are going?" he asks her arms already moving towards Mira who looked like she may have fallen asleep from the emotional attack.

Although Sophia had no idea who this stranger was. She somehow knew she could trust him. Almost as if.... I didn't really matter. She moved from under Mira once she was sure he had a hold or her. He put his arms under her legs and carried her bridal way.

"This way" Sophia moved in front of him their shoulders colliding slightly. Tingles engulfed her where they touched. Their breaths both hitched for a moment until Sophia shook her head slightly and began moving towards her mother's car and opened in door so he could place Mira in.

Softly closing the door once he had kindly strapped her in, she turned to him

"Thanks, you didn't have to do that for me" she clasped her hands in front of her. Rocking on her heels slightly.

"that's alright anyone, with enough kindness, would have help" he ran a hand through his brown hair his veins popping at the movement. Her eyes watching them

Coughing brought her back, her cheeks flaming at getting caught.

"Thanks again, I should make sure she gets into to bed" she pointed to the window behind of

"of course, it was nice meeting you"

"Sophia"

"Sophia," a shiver ran down her spine at the sound of his voice. but with a nod and one last look of her face he took a step back. With a shot wave he walked away.

Sophia stood still for a moment watching the mysterious man walk away from her. Her mother's knocking on the window made her jump. Quickly jumping into the vehicle, she refused to make eye contact with what she knew was a giggly mother.

"Who was that?" she asked teasingly

"I have no idea" hey eyes met the spot where he was stood only moments ago.