Chapter 21: Acnologia and Lucy vs E.N.D and Marde Geer.

The Tartartos demons arrive at the battlefield with their eyes set on Lucy but an unlikely foe came to her aid, what is Accnologia planning? Are you ready for a rematch between spirit and demon, for another aid will soon arrive. 

~Lucy POV~

"Acnologia!", I yell on guard. 

"Calm down human girl, you have no need to be frightened", he says.

"Why are you helping me?", I ask. 

"You are the key to get us home to Earthland, that is all", he says.

"I'm the key?", I say.

I then flashback to Leo's words. Does this have something to do with the celestial Spirit King's words? 

~~"You are to aid the celestial wizard's Lucy and Yukino, you will do everything in your power to make sure you protect those two for this is your final battle", said the Celestial Spirit King.~

Whatever it is, I had a bad feeling.... My body then started to burn from the inside as I fall to the ground in pain. What is this intense heat? I then sensed Venus's magic power as she trapped both of us in a magic barrier.

"What are you doing!", yelled Acnologia as he tried breaking the barrier but failed. 

...

"What are you planning!", I yell on guard.

She then grabbed my head as she started whispering, her body was burnt and she could barely walk. 

~I VENUS, GODDESS OF THE FIRE PLANET, HAS CHOSEN EARTH LAND MAGE, LUCY HEARTFILIA AS MY SUCCESSOR!", said Venus as she smiled and fell to the floor. 

The barrier then disappeared as I felt this intense burning in my stomach, it was like every inch of my blood was on fire.

"You were the one who defeated Venus?", asked Acnologia. 

"Yes", I say to him. 

"Seems like you're in pain, my curse of pain would work wonders for you then", yelled Kyouka as she attacked.

Acnologia then interviened as E.N.D blew him away with one fist.

Kyouka then charged straight towards me as a barrier appeared. It was a barrier of fire. What's going on?

"She passed her power on to you", said Acnologia. 

"What does that mean?", I ask. 

"There's a secret to the god and goddesses of the planets and when you defeat any of the 8 deities guarding the planets, you take their place as guardian, it's one of Ankhseram's law, so if any one of you earthland wizards deliver the final blow to the planet guardians, you will take their place, you Lucy Heartfilia are now the Goddess of the Fire Planet, Venus", explained Acnologia. 

"No way, does this mean I can't leave?", I ask.

"I'm afraid so, the law of the cosmos is absolute", said Acnologia. 

.....

"Too much talking", yelled END as he attacked us both.

He was able to break my fire barrier with ease.