s3 e14: "wanna renew our vows?"

☁︎·̩͙✧ ❝ I LOVE YOU MORE
THAN I HAVE EVER
FOUND A WAY TO
SAY TO YOU ❞ ✧·̩͙☁︎
─── ∙ ~𑁍~ ∙ ───

WEEK TWENTY-SEVEN
monday, december 23rd

🎶 ❝ and the fire is slowly dying and my dear, we're still goodbyin' but as long as you love me so let it snow let it snow and snow ❞ 🎶

"𝐣𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠" a slightly out of breath kelsey half-jokingly complained as she waddled out of the bathroom. "and i thought we left the breakfast buffet in the first trimester" jackson looked up from his strategically placed assortment of breakfast goods on the small table connected to the bed for a quick second before topping it off with small bottle of orange juice.

"i know, but i figured you'd need a little pick me up this morning" jackson attempted to position everything at a perfect angle, unaware of his wife's fond smile as she watched him continue to move a single plate inch-by-inch until he was satisfied, matching her smile as he rounded the bed to come face-to-face with her.

"thank you" with a deep 'mhmm' as a reply, he bent down slightly to her level from her quiet request for a kiss -- tilting her chin up and raising her eyebrows since standing on her toes became too painful -- before jumping back at the sound of her sharp gasp.

"what, what's wrong?"

"feels like they're.....asserting dominance. trying to see which one's the strongest by taking turns kicking my spleen" she explained while climbing into the bed with his assistance. "they're as antsy as i am cooped up in this hospital room"

"well hopefully you'll feel better in one of those antepartum rooms down the hall with the fake fireplace and the tv in the bathroom"

"jackson those rooms are expensive as hell you didn't have to do that"

"you're gonna be stuck in this hospital for like the next month and a half for my kids. it's the least i can do" he received his second look of fondness of the day from his wife as she grabbed his hand and placed it on top of her growing belly.

"look. someone's head is right here.....and a foot is right.....here" she guided his hand around her stomach, stopping every now and then to press his fingers against a body part that she could make out.

"hey kids. it's month six. week twenty-seven. day a hundred ninety" kelsey chuckled from above him, curious but not surprised as to why he knows the exact day. "you're the size of lettuce this week. only about what.....nine more to go? your brains are finally showing activity and your hearing is developed so now i can keep reading to you at night without your mom judging me" he spoke against her stomach, looking up with a smile just in time to see the playful eye roll she saved for intimate family moments like these. "she's trying so hard to stay strong but i know deep down inside she's scared. she's gonna be stuck in a hospital bed for the next month and a half just to keep you guys safe because she's such an amazing mom already. so let's chill on all the spleen kicking, please" a few seconds later, tiny kicks made themselves visible at multiple spots around the area he was talking against, resulting in an 'alright' and brief kiss from him as a simple five knocks on the door broke the moment.