s1 e12: "you're my four-leaf clover"

"𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘 𝐖𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐋, 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐓, 𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐋𝐔𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐀𝐋 𝐃𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐋 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐒 𝐀𝐆𝐎, 𝐀 𝐆𝐔𝐍𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐒. 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝟏𝟏 𝐏𝐄𝐎𝐏𝐋𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐉𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐃. 𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐖𝐄 𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐑𝐒--𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒, 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐔𝐌𝐏𝐇𝐒, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒. 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐒 𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐋, 𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘"

"𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘'𝐑𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒"
kelsey said as she watched a camera crew walk down the hallway. "they're capitalizing off of everyone's trauma. it's disgusting"

"did they ask you to speak?" lexie asked as the two of them walked into the crowded resident's lounge.

"yeah. i'm suppose to walk them through my morning rounds. they'll just be in the way"

"livingston! did you know arizona's leaving?" alex said as she rushed up to her.

"leaving? where is she going?"

"africa. she won a carter madison grant"

"oh my god!" she exclaimed in excitement before it hit her, causing her smile to drop from her face.

"oh my god. arizona's leaving"

"livingston, the camera crew's ready for you" richard said as he poked his head in.

"great" she mumbled before walking off, plastering on a fake smile when she exited the room.

"𝐒𝐎 𝐖𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍"
dr. perkins said. kelsey continued to stare at the ground, playing with her fingers.

"is there anything we'd like to get off our mind today?"

"i.....under exaggerate" she whispered, keeping her attention trained on the carpet.

"what was that?"

"i under exaggerate. i don't think that's even a thing, but. i do it. downplay. that's....that's probably a better word. i don't talk about the shooting because nothing happened to me. the man came into the room where me and dr. robbins and dr. torres were with a patient but. he didn't point his gun at us. he didn't say he was going to shoot us. nothing happened. dr. torres gave him gauze pads for his bullet wound and told him to leave. and he did. nothing happened to me. i'm fine. and i mean it" she said, looking up at him, stopping messing with her fingers.

"is that all?"

"yes. yes, that's all. i just want to get back to doing surgery, to—to move past this. to feel like me again" he looked at her for a short moment before opening up a manila folder, revealing yellow sheets. he wrote on the one on top and slid it over to her.

"then i now clear you for surgery" she gave him a small smile before taking the paper.

"thank you"

"𝐆𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐖𝐇𝐎'𝐒 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐂𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐘"
kelsey sang as she walked over to lexie with a chart in her hands.