s1 e2: "you like mark sloan, don't you"

"𝐈'𝐌 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐊𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐕 𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐀𝐘"
cristina read from her phone as she walked with meredith, alex, april, and jackson.

"don't call her that" alex mumbled while keeping his head down.

"why don't you like her? lexie said she's nice. *gasp* is it because she's a girl?" april asked while laughing.

"no. i don't give a crap that she's a girl"

"well i asked richard and he told me she had a lot of recommendation letters and had two excellent surgeons call him personally to tell him why he should let her into the program"

"oh please. i had a lot of recommendation letters. you don't see me getting personally picked by attendings"

"teddy" jackson stated.

"han" alex added

"burke" meredith said with a smirk, making cristina glare at her.

"okay but i was never referred to as their resident. robbins called her her resident"

"you guys are on livingston's service today?" lexie asked as she jogged you behind everyone.

"what the hell do you mean livingston's service?" alex asked, raising his voice and finally looking up.

"sorry. i've been saying that to tease her. she's taken over robbins' service pretty much. she's suppose to be giving us the speech"

"the speech?" april asked as they walked through the automatic doors.

"robbins doesn't let residents do the speech" alex frowned as they walked up to the desk where she was filling out a chart.

"oh! dr. robbins requested that i give you all the speech as it is a very important part of her peds unit. the peds unit is ran a little differently than you may be used to. this is not general surgery in miniature. these are the tiny humans. these are children. they believe in magic. they play pretend. there is fairy dust their I.V bags. they hope and they across their fingers and they make wishes. and that makes them more resilient than adults. they recover faster, survive worse. they believe. in peds, we have miracles and magic. in peds anything is possible. follow me" she finished with a smile and turned on her heels and started walking towards one of the rooms.

"you're complaining about that mess?" cristina mumbled to alex who just sent her a glare.

"𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐀𝐘. 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐄𝐂𝐇" lexie teased as the two walked down the general surgery wing.

"stop" she said, dragging out the 'o'. "they hate me. especially alex. and we have to do a surgery together later today. god, i thought i was being dramatic before but now i mean it when i say i'm a complete outkast—"

"ssssshhhhhh sh sh sh sh sh sh" lexie shushed as she pulled her to the nurses station and asked the nurse for a chart.

"we're stealing patient charts now?"

"we're not stealing patient charts this is my patient with dr. bailey but look. over there. you see the man over there? near jackson"

"jackson...."

"eyes. former mercy wester? always with meredith and alex and cristina and april?"

"i-sure" she said with a shrug of her shoulders. "wait isn't that mark sloan from plastics? i heard they call him mcsteamy"