s2 e4: "why the hell did you have to take her too?"

» [ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: ʜᴇᴀᴠᴇɴ ʙʏ ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴄᴇ] «
0:38──〇───1:51
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻
   _____________________________

┊͙♥  ♥  ♥┊͙
"𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞𝐲. 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐢'𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭. 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲?"

kelsey sighed, clicking the end dial button and placing her phone down on the rough carpet next to her, staring ahead at her apartment door. she had been seated across from it for the past hour now, trying to muster up the courage to walk in.

"hey" kelsey looked to her left and seen meredith walking up to her, holding her purse strap on her shoulder. kelsey gave her a small smile before blankly staring back at the dark brown door.

"uh, owen told me you called off today to clean out your apartment. thought you might need a hand" she said, walking closer to her. "or i could just sit here" she said after not getting a response from her. "i'll sit here with you until you're ready to go in" kelsey slowly nodded, continuing to gaze at the door ahead of her. meredith sat down next to her, placing her purse on the left of her and crossing her legs, mocking kelsey's position.

┊͙♥ ♥ ♥┊͙
"𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲"

meredith announced as she walked into lexie's room she with two beers. seeing the top of kelsey's head on the opposing side of the bed, she slowly walked around to her, seeing her looking down at a light pink sweater in her lap.

"it's her favorite sweater" she said with a smile. "every time she was sick or had a hard day at work she'd come home, put this on, and eat pizza on the couch" she ran her finger along the collar of the sweater before gripping it in her palm, bringing it to her face as she finally let the tears that had been threatening to fall roll down her face, soaking into the light pink sweater. meredith quickly sat the beer bottles by the end of the bed and sat next to her, wrapping an arm around her shoulder and an arm around her front, pulling her close to her and rubbing her shoulder.

┊͙♥  ♥  ♥┊͙
"𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞𝐲. 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧. 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲'𝐬 𝐮𝐦....𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲. 𝐢 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐰𝐞'𝐝 𝐠𝐨 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐮𝐭....𝐢-𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭....𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞, 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲?"

kelsey removed the phone from her ear and ended the voicemail, sitting it on the counter with a sigh. she looked over at the three piles of boxes meredith helped put in the living room yesterday: lexie's belonging she was sending to her family, the belongings meredith wanted to keep, and the belongings she wanted to keep for herself. feeling tears brim in her eyes along with a headache forming from crying all morning, she placed her hands on the sides on her face and sat on the couch that was moved across the room to make space for all of the boxes, leaning down so that her forehead settled on top of her knees.

"ow. ow. ow. ow-why is this so hard?!" lexie exclaimed in frustration as she flared her arms up before dropping the needle in her hand on top of the unfinished skirt in front of her.