s3 e1: "to us and to them"

☁︎·̩͙✧ ❝ HOW ABOUT HAPPILY
EVER AFTER? ❞ ✧·̩͙☁︎

─── ∙ ~𑁍~ ∙ ───

✧ 𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐: 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 ✧
𝚋𝚢 𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚢'𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚖𝚢 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚌 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝 
𝟹:𝟶𝟾──────〇─𝟶:𝟸𝟷
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

"𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬, 𝐬𝐨 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐰. 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐝𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬?" catherine asked as they walked down the white marbled staircase, catherine holding onto the golden railing with her right arm linked in jackson's.

"yes, mom. i love kelsey. she makes me happy" jackson contently stated, smiling at the ground as they took their final steps down the staircase.

"i can tell. you know i never liked any of your other lil' girlfriends" she lowly spoke as they stood in front of the currently closed, brown wooden doors.

"yeah and you barely liked kelsey when you first met her" jackson added with a quiet chuckle.

"what? i did like her"

"when are you going to have time to be a woman?" jackson quoted, amusement written all over his face.

"oh i was just playing with her, she knew that"

"no, she didn't and she still thinks you hate her"

"now why would she think such a thing?"

"maybe because you threw a prenup in her face and basically said you don't trust her"

"that is not what i was trying to say"

"well, that's how it came out" he said while straightening his upper body before quietly clearing his throat, a sigh following shortly after.

"you nervous?"

"tuh. n-no"

"yes you are" catherine teased with a smile. "there's nothing to be nervous about, jackson. despite how hard i may have seemed on kelsey, i was just trying to test her and make sure she really loves you for you and not for your money or your good looks which i will happily take all of the credit for" catherine boasted, causing jackson to let out a soft chuckle as he looked back down at the ground.

"and she does. she's sweet. and she actually cares about you. and she looks so beautiful upstairs. you picked a good one, sweetheart" jackson looked over at his mom, seeing a look of happiness and certainty, a look he's never seen from her before when it came to any of his previous girlfriends.

"thank you, mom" he whispered with a small smile, leaning down to kiss her cheek. the sound of the soft music beginning to play on the opposing side of the doors caused jackson to tense up and immediately reach up, messing with the buttons on his suit jacket.

"this is really happening"

"yeah. you still wanna do this?"