s2 e11: "but you can't be a hero, jackson"

"𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐳𝐨𝐧𝐚. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰"

kelsey said as she walked up to her, meredith, and callie in the hallway.

"great. now i'm stuck with the worst meeting. no offense" arizona said as they started walking.

"has your boyfriend told you about all the changes his mommy's foundation is gonna make to our hospital?" callie sarcastically asked.

"once again callie, he's not making any changes and neither is the foundation. he's been reading over all of you guys' proposals for the past two days and he's really stressed about it so just try and go easy on him okay? he's even buying you guys donuts again"

"we don't need his donuts. we need him to acknowledge the fact that we own this hospital too and for him not be the harper avery foundation's little puppet" meredith commented.

"come on guys, we went over this already, it's jackson we're talking about" kelsey said with a quiet, exhausted sigh. she had been trying to get everyone to at least try and compromise with jackson on the cards they all had been dealt but they just wouldn't budge.

"power changes people" callie said with a shrug before walking into the boardroom with arizona and meredith. kelsey sighed for the second time in five minutes and made her way to the peds floor where she had her first patient of the day: a check up with an infant.

"hi beth. greg" she said once she walked into, looking over at the father on the opposing side of the room from his wife and daughter.

"doctor livingston. say hi to doctor livingston" beth said as she raised her daughter's hand and started waving it back and forth.

"hi emily. let's see what we've got here" she said with a smile as she pulled up a chair and sat in front of them. "looks like emily's gained some weight. that's good. she been sleeping?"

"better, don't you think?" beth asked, looking up at her husband.

"no, i don't, actually" kelsey looked back at him before looking back in front of her.

"you know, we said it was going to be a long haul when she was born with these symptoms so...."

"i just feel like, when is she gonna catch a break, you know?"

"yeah. well....here you go" she said, hanging her stethoscope around emily's neck. "come here, emily. look at that guy. who's that guy? you know, just to be safe, i am gonna run a couple more blood tests"

"oh, she hates needles"

"aw. if it was optional i wouldn't do it, but it's not. but you can have a sticker afterwards, okay?" she said, ticking her neck with her finger which gained a laugh from the baby.

┊͙♥┊͙
"𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬. 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦, 𝐬𝐨 𝐥𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝. 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬, 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝, 𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐬, 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐮𝐡, 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐮𝐩 𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐬. 𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐬, 𝐩𝐮𝐬𝐡, 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐝𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦"