s3 e4: "can you promise me one thing?"

☁︎·̩͙✧ ❝ WHEN YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN
I'LL SEND YOU SIGN JUST SO
YOU'LL KNOW THAT I AM ME,
THE UNIVERSE AND YOU❞ ✧·̩͙☁︎

─── ∙ ~𑁍~ ∙ ───

✧ 𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐: 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 ✧
𝚋𝚢 𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚢'𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚖𝚢 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚌 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝
𝟹:𝟷𝟹──────〇──𝟶:𝟻𝟹
⇄  ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐋𝐘 𝐎𝐍 𝐒𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐀𝐃𝐄|𝐉.𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘:

"but we've still got each other"
"we've still got each other"

"i love you....so much"
"i love you so much more"

"w-w-wait jackson. i-i really don't think you should go"
"sweetheart. i know you're still shaken up. but i'm okay. i'm not gonna be near any deserts or canyons or mountains. i'm just going there and coming right back. well, i might fall asleep there so you might just see me at work tomorrow but nonetheless i'm gonna be okay"
"okay"
"all right. don't wait up for me"

"kelsey. what are we going to do with a porch swing?"
"sex, sleep, eat, sex again, then repeat. come on jackson let me buy it, pleeeaaasseee?"
"you're not gonna give up on this up, are you?"
"nope"
"you can get the porch swing, babe"
"yay!"
"tomorrow though, you need to get some rest"
"okay. i love you"
"i love you too"

"i just—i keep having a 'jackson is dead' dream, y'know? like it just keeps replaying over and over again in my mind and i just can't get it to stop"
"i'm pretty sure jackson is fine, kelsey. he probably did sleep at catherine's house and is on his way here right now"
"yeah. and i know how you feel. when i first met derek, that's all i dreamt about. either he died or he was about to die m, but i always woke up before it happens. it doesn't mean something happened to him or that something's going to happen to him. it just means that you love him, and you're scared that the universe is gonna take him away from you, especially since you just married him. besides, jackson avery would fight death itself to get back home to you"

"jackson avery.....has been in a severe accident"
"possible lung damage"
"possible brain damage"
"shaft fracture to his fibula. it's a miracle his peroneal nerve made it out with barely any damage but he's gone be immobilized for at least six weeks, maybe more"
"sooooo, what does kelsey say you do?"
"she doesn't know yet"
"i'm sorry, she doesn't what?"
"that's her husband, by law you have to tell her"
"i know that, and we will, just not yet. that girl is not ready to see her newly married husband in the state that he's in right now"
"so what, we just....keep her on the peds and OB floor?"
"yes, or anywhere that isn't the ortho floor or anywhere where she can find out of him. you also need to let your interns and residents know that they are not to ask or tell kelsey about jackson. are we clear?"
"i really think we should tell her. if it were derek i would want to be the very first person to know. and i'd be damn if i found out from those babbling interns and not one of you guys"
"she'd never forgive us if we knew about his condition and didn't tell her or let her see him while he was still cognitive"
"nobody tells kelsey. end of discussion"