s2 e7: "let's buy a house"

"𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞𝐲 𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧"

jackson laughed as kelsey jogged towards the building.

"you had your first surgery as an fellow. today is mine and i can not be late! even though i am running a little bit behind schedule because SOMEONE decided to make us late" she said with a smirk and a playful glare as she started walking backwards.

"you never told me to stop. in fact, i remember you begging me not to sto—"

"okay! that's enough of that!" she exclaimed as she turned back around, nervously biting her lip and subconsciously tensing up as she seen someone step out of their car, hoping they didn't overhear their conversation. "i'm already late, i don't need you talking about the sex that made me late" she mumbled to him as she elbowed him.

"you're not late. you made us leave so early i don't even think the interns are doing rounds yet"

"that's another thing. i wasn't here to meet the new interns on their first day so now i'm behind on making them like me" she explained with a bright smile as they reached the main revolving doors.

"why do you want the interns to like you? they're nobodies" kelsey's jaw dropped as she sent a playful hit to his chest.

"they're not nobodies. they're the doctors of tomorrow, and it's our job to shape them. don't you love it? the idea that you get to teach them and watch them grow into real surgeons?" kelsey enthused, still with a bright smile plastered across her face.

"no, because i've met them. you'll be saying the same thing once you meet them, trust me. lower your expectations before you walk in there" he said as they walked to the attendings lounge.

"whatever, avery" she replied with a chuckle.

┊͙♥┊͙
"𝐰𝐡𝐨'𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧?"

heather asked as she looked at her phone.

"uh. someone named livingston. who is that? i feel like i've met every attending at least once" leah asked as she lifted her foot onto the bench, starting to tie her shoelace.

"she's the one i said came in here drunk a few days ago with karev" shane said, pulling his scrub top over his head.

"ohhhh, dr. sensitive. great" she said as she switched her foot.

"dr. sensitive?" jo asked as she finally looked out of her locker, pulling her hair into a bun.

"she wasn't here on our first day because she was too busy crying to get out of bed" leah explained

"how do you know all of this?" stephanie asked while laughing, putting her earring into her ear.

"i overheard the chief talking to webber. he mentioned that she was selling her apartment and that it was taking a lot out of her"

"selling her apartment? she hasn't been here for a week because she's selling her apartment?" jo asked with a small laugh.

"i know right! it's pathetic" shane said, shaking his head.

"ahem" the five looked in the direction of the noise, seeing a women with her arms folded.

"doc-doctor livingston!" shane said, standing up and giving her a smile.

"don't doctor livingston me. or should i say doctor sensitive? who happens to be the same doctor who got triple board certified, something you five will never amount to, starting with the fact that you deem it smart to insult your attendings when they're not around" she scolded, sensing each of them a glare.