s3 e3: "i keep having a 'jackson is dead' dream"

☁︎·̩͙✧ ❝ IF THERE EVER COMES A
DAY WHEN WE CAN'T BE
TOGETHER, KEEP ME IN
YOUR HEART. I'LL STAY
THERE FOREVER ❞ ✧·̩͙☁︎

─── ∙ ~𑁍~ ∙ ───
"𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐨 𝐰𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐭?" owen questioned as he walked out of the automatic ER doors, stretching his hands into a latex glove before snapping it over his wrist, moving on to his left hand.

"trapped inside a burning house, possible burn victim. did somebody page avery?"

"he's not answering, they're getting miller" callie disclosed, look out into the busy night street as she heard the echo of the loud ambulance siren from a few blocks away.

"well i know he's not sitting at home relaxing when he just spent the last two weeks in spain. who does that man think he is?"

"part owner of this hospital" callie quipped, gaining a glare from miranda.

"oh come on bailey, lighten up, he's in his honeymoon phase. you remember how it felt"

"yeah, and it's exactly that, a phase. my honeymoon was only a week and i still came into work before my week was over. if he values his job he better answer his page and bring his butt up here" miranda finished as a mumble as she walked up to the back of the rig with callie and owen following suit.

"john doe, woman says he ran into—"

"oh my god!" callie exclaimed with a gasp as the two paramedics carefully pushed the stretcher out of the rig, one holding onto the ragged piece of wood sticking out of the john doe's calf.

"what the hell happened?" mirand breathed out, looking over his body at the multiple injuries he displayed as she held her hands up, afraid to touch him in even the slightest manner.

"a woman said he ran into her burning house to get her daughter and never came out. unconscious out in field when we arrived and never regained consciousness in the rig, pupils stayed reactive to light, left leg is impaled, and soot is blocking his airways"

"alright, let's move him, page dr. miller again and dr. shepard 911, i think amelia is the one on call" owen instructed, carefully placing his hand on the impaling wood under the paramedics as he walked backwards, carefully rolling the stretcher towards the doors.

"somebody needs to call kelsey—" callie started, slowly shaking her head as she stared down at the second degree burns on the left side of his face.

"no. no one is calling kelsey, not until we know something, got it?" miranda interrupted, looking up at both owen and callie as they moved into their assigned trauma room.

"all right. all right, um, this wood could be tamponading a serious artery i need to get him into an OR ASAP"

"i need to do a chest x-ray first, there could be possible damage to his lungs, order a chest x-ray" miranda counteracted, looking over at the nurse in the room.

"i have to get this soot out first, bronchoscope"

"if his lungs are damaged we need to—" the three looked up from each other at the monitor going off above them, callie letting out a small gasp.