s2 e14: "i'm getting married, lex"

"𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥"

kelsey ranted as she sped walked towards the restaurant.  

"i know" jackson sighed as he opened the door and moved to the side so she can walk through.

"it was suppose to be me and you" she ranted once again as she removed her sunglasses and stuffed them into her purse.

"i know" jackson said, also removing his and letting them hang from his t-shirt.

"are you just going to say i know every time i say something?"

"i know" jackson said, causing kelsey to turn around and smile at him.

"i didn't mean that" she rolled her eyes with a smile before turning around and walking up to the hostess.

"reservation for avery" jackson said, wrapping his arm around kelsey's waist.

"right this way" kelsey sighed as they followed her to a table where catherine was seated.

"hey mom" jackson said, kissing her cheek as she stood up.

"hi baby. kelsey, dear, i'm so glad you agreed to sign the prenup" catherine said as she hugged her. kelsey gave her a smile before sitting down next to jackson on the opposing side of the table from catherine.

"okay so here's the prenup....and here's the guest list" she said, handing one folder to kelsey and the other to jackson.

"guest list? we haven't even toured a venue yet" jackson said with furrowed eyebrows as he opened the folder.

"not to worry sweetheart, i already took care of that. i set up a tour of the place tomorrow along with a venue for your engagement party"

"okay okay, slow down mom. this list has at least 200 plus people on it, we don't even know 200 people"

"a vast majority of them are business associates, some of them watched you grow up in the boardrooms. why shouldn't they come to wedding?" jackson looked over at kelsey to see her staring down in her lap.

"because this is me and kelsey's wedding mom. we've been talking about what we wanna do and we've already agreed that we're having a small to medium sized wedding, only close friends and family. this isn't an event to close a business deal, this is us getting married and spending the rest of our lives together" jackson said, reaching over and taking kelsey's hand in his.

"i get it, it's a beautiful thing. but weddings take time, and with my help you guys will be able to get married the top of next year, maybe around a little after christmas" she said with a smile, putting emphasis on the maybe.

"next year? we're not looking to wait a year to get married, we're shooting for june" kelsey said with a frown.

"well that's in four months you can't accomplish anything in that short amount of time" catherine said, now frowning.

"well we found a venue this morning and we've scheduled a tour for next week and we've already started brainstorming the guest list plus did our registry" jackson explained.

"well that's just the 12 month mark there are millions of things that need to get done like—"

"selecting the bridal party, looking into the dress and tuxe, purchasing wedding bands. yeah. we've already gotten a head start on that" kelsey said.

"i just want to make sure you guys' day is perfect"

"and it will be, because we know what we want"