s1 e17: "i wanna come home to jackson"

» [ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: ᴡᴀɪᴛ ʙʏ ɢ.ᴀ. ᴍᴜsɪᴄ ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛ]«
                            0:42 ─〇───── 2:41
                             ⇄   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻
____________________________________
"𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐉"
kelsey greeted jackson as she walked into the resident's lounge where he was the only person present. when he didn't reply, she walked over from her cubby to his.

"hey, you okay?"

"i'm fine" he mumbled, fixing his scrub top.

"it seems like something's bothering you. you can talk to me, what's up?" she asked, leaning against the small wall of his cubby and crossing her arms.

"do you remember what happened last night?"

"uhhhhh, loosely. last thing i remember is that we were at joe's and alex was talking about april being a virgin, you said there's shame to it, and then the rest of it is a blur. why, what happened?" he sighed and threw his other shirt in his cubby.

"you were talking to alex. i asked what you two were talking about and when you told me you said i shouldn't be jealous because we were just having fun. no strings attached"

"what—like me and you?"

"yep"

"well, is it not true? we never said we were anything"

"yeah but no strings attached sounds like a waste of my time"

".....what do you mean a waste of your time—"

"i like you, kelsey. a lot. i really do. i don't want a no strings attached relationship with you, i want a real one. one where, as cheesy as it sounds, i can hold your hand down the hallway or kiss you whenever i want and not feel pressured that anyone is watching. i wanna be able to come home to a big house with you in it and-and spend holidays together and grow old together. that's what i want. i want that with you. but i don't know if you want that too"

"....jackson...."

"guess that answers my question" he said, grabbing his pager and clipping it to his scrub pants.

"no jackson wait. i'm not saying i don't want that with you" she said, putting her hands on his shoulders, using her left hand to grab the side of his face and direct his attention to her.

"then what do you want?"

"....i don't know"

"well let me know when you do. can't promise i'll still be waiting for you though" he said before walking out.

"𝐇𝐄𝐘. 𝐈 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍. 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐔𝐏 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐀 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐘?"
lexie asked as she walked into the on-call room where kelsey was.

"uh it's pretty much a waiting game. fields wouldn't listen when i told her the baby needs steroids so her lungs grow stronger because of callie's condition but she didn't listen, so" she explained while fiddling with her fingers. lexie sat on the right side of the bed and leant against the poles, similar to how kelsey was on the left.

"oh. you okay?" she sighed and shook her head.

"me and jackson...um...last night. at joe's. i was drunk and—and i told him that we were just having fun. y'know, the two of us. and that there were no strings attached between us. and then this morning, he told me he didn't want that, that he wanted a real relationship with me"