s1 e11: "let's go to sleep then"

⠀» [ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: ᴄʜᴀsɪɴɢ ᴄᴀʀs ʙʏ ɢ.ᴀ. ᴍᴜsɪᴄ ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛ] «
⠀ ⠀⠀ 0:39 ─〇───── 3:32
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀ ⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻
___________________________________
"𝐃𝐎𝐄𝐒, 𝐔𝐇, 𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐀𝐘?"
everyone was sitting in a circle in a room with the counselor the board hired, dr. andrew perkins. he was apparently "the best".

"i know that, uh, a lot of you are only here because this has been mandated. so let's talk" kelsey looked over at lexie who had been bouncing her leg up and down since she sat down, rolling something from her pocket in between her two index fingers and thumbs. she looked back down at the floor as the room fell silent after dr. perkins stopped talking.

"anything at all?"

"i ate a really good taco. from one of those trucks by the side of the road" cristina simply answered.

"when?"

"last night. you were asleep"

"which truck? the one on 7th?"

"i want to go, i like tacos" alex said, holding up his finger.

"me too" april added.

"i read a book..." lexie said, making everyone turn to look at her. "about the history of mass murders in the u.s. that's—that's the actual name of what happened to us. it was a mass murder. you can't call it a terrorist attack, because the murders weren't political in nature. and we weren't the victims of a serial killer, because mr. clark would've had to murder several people over a period longer than 30 days in order to qualify. as a serial killer. we could call it a spree killing....which is defined as killings at two or more locations with no break or pause in between, because mr. clark shot that guy in his car before he got here. but i'm not sure that that counts as a true second location since it was so close to the hospital, which means that we were a mass murder, because it happened at one place, by one person, and more than 4 people were killed" she finished. everyone seemed ready to push the shooting behind them except for lexie. she had been reading about mass murders, and killing sprees, and shootings since the shooting two days ago. every time kelsey would go to her room to check on her, lexie told her another story that she had read. kelsey didn't mind. it kept her distracted from what they personally went through to hear about what other people went though. she thought it was morbid in a sense, but. it helped.

"𝐇𝐄𝐘. 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐈 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊 𝐓𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐂𝐊?"
mark asked as he walked up to kelsey in the main lobby. she nodded and lead him to a supply room.

"uh, how are you doing?"

"you don't care about how i'm doing. you wanna know how lexie is doing" she said with a smile, crossing her arms.

"i do care about how you're doing. honestly" she looked at him before sighing.

"i'm fine. lexie's...struggling. she's getting through it the best she knows how and i'm helping her. she's gonna to be okay, though. i promise"

"are you sure? because between alex and her confrontation with the shooter—"

"she's going to be fine, mark. if we're not in surgery or with a patient we're with each other 24/7"

"but i know who she is, and if she's going through her worse right, i want to go through it with her. she makes me happier than anything i've ever known, and if i can have a part in making her happy again that's all i want to do. that's all i want to do for the rest of my life" kelsey smiled.