s2 e5: "you drunk, livingston?"

|cordolium|
heartache; heartfelt sorrow———————————————

"𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲?"

kelsey looked at the doorway to see jackson leaning against it with his hands in his dress pants pockets. she looked back at herself in the mirror, inhaling a deep breath.

"you know it's a closed casket. we won't even get to see her" she said, reaching up and grabbing the four leaf clover pendent on her chest, holding it in her palm. "it's probably better, y'know? cristina, uh" she started, looking up at the ceiling and taking another deep breath. "she told me...they ate her. wolves, not....she tried to keep them off of her but. she couldn't. she couldn't help lexie, nobody could help them. why? i mean they're good people, they freaking save lives for a living! yet here we are. going to lexie's funeral. god. never thought i would be saying that sentence" she said with a shaky voice, looking up and wiping the single tear that fell. jackson slowly walked up behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist and laying his chin on her shoulder. he slowly started to rock side to side, planting soft kisses on her shoulder.

"it's gonna be okay kelsey. i'll let you have a cheat day today and when we get back i'll order pizza and donuts"

"a cheat day?" she asked with a small laugh.

"yeah. you're still suppose to be on a liquid only diet but pizza and donuts for one night won't hurt"

"that's so unhealthy" she laughed, a genuine laugh she hadn't had in a while.

┊͙♥ ♥ ♥┊͙
"𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲. 𝐢'𝐦 𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐟𝐟"

jackson said, grabbing the pink donut box from kelsey's hands and sitting it on the other side of him.

"hey. you're the one who gave me the cheat day" she chuckled, covering her mouth with her hand. she pulled the cover closer to her waist and looked over at the nightstand. she grabbed the folded paper that had been sitting there for the past week and held it in her hand.

"what's that?" jackson asked, taking a bite of another pizza slice.

"mark gave it to me when i went to talk to him the first time. he told me to open it later but" she said, picking at the corner of the paper. she unfolded the first half before stopping, taking a deep breath and unfolding the last half.

"ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴋᴇʟsᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʜᴇʀ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ sᴀɪᴅ ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴏʀ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅᴇʀ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅ ᴏɴ. ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜᴇʀ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅsʜɪᴘ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ. ᴛᴇʟʟ ʜᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sʜᴇ's ᴍʏ ʙᴇsᴛғʀɪᴇɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍʏ ғᴏᴜʀ-ʟᴇᴀғ ᴄʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ʀᴇᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ʜᴇʀ. ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴇʟʟ ʜᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sʜᴇ's ɢᴏᴛ sᴏᴍᴇ ғɪʀᴇ ɪɴ ʜᴇʀ ᴛᴏᴏ. ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ, sᴏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴜᴘ. ᴄᴀɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴇʟʟ ʜᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴍᴇ? ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ? sʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ɴᴇᴇᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ" ʟᴇxɪᴇ's ʟᴀsᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ

kelsey inhaled a shaky breath before covering her mouth with her hand, squeezing her eyes shut as she sobbed. she felt jackson take the paper out of her hand, wrapping his arm around her shoulders and pulling her into his chest seconds later, laying his head on top of hers and rubbing her shoulder.