s1 e15: "your mom....is iconic"

"𝐋𝐄𝐗𝐈𝐄. 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐂𝐑𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍?"
kelsey said as she stood outside of the bathroom door.

".....maybe"

"i'm coming in" she announced before opening the door. she seen lexie sitting on the floor, leaning against the bathtub with a tear-soaked tissue in her hand and puffy red eyes. kelsey closed the door and sat next to her.

"i was cooking for him. i spent money on food, and-and-and seasonings, tarragon! i don't even know what the hell tarragon is!" she said with a laugh before crying again, bringing her hand holding the tissue to her mouth. "i mean, was i wrong? we weren't even together when him and callie....am i the problem?"

"lexie" kelsey softly said, wrapping her arm around her shoulders and bringing her head to her shoulder, resting her head on top of hers. "you were never a problem. it's just like with sloan. you don't want the same things as him right now and he can't force you to want them. i know it feels like you can't live without him and you don't want to but you can. you'll get through this because you're strong. so let it hurt, let it heal, and let it go. you will make it through this"

"god. why are you so good at these? can i get that in writing?" she said with a chuckle. kelsey smiled and wrapped her other arm around her, squeezing her as she sighed.

"you'll make through this, lex"

"𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐁𝐋𝐄"

"it's the opposite of horrible"

"alzheimer's or diabetes?" meredith asked as she tied her shoe.

"if you continue to whine about how you can't decide which groundbreaking medical advancement to put your name on, i'll punch you in the ear" cristina said, earning a laugh out of kelsey and lexie.

"well, my name's already on one of them, according to the chief. i mean diabetes—"

"affects 240 million people worldwide" lexie stated.

"and alzheimer's—"

"is the seventh leading cause of death" kelsey said, slipping her lab coat over her shoulders.

"it's "sophie's choice"

"i've never seen that movie" kelsey said, pulling her hair out of her coat.

"oh, you should. it's really funny"

"greys, okay, how long has your father been having abdominal pain?"

"abdominal pain?"

"it sounds like abdominal pain. thatcher grey is not an easy man to get information from"

"our—our father's here in the hospital?" lexie stammered as she stopped what she was doing.

"yeah, i admitted him an hour ago. you didn't know he was coming?"

"n—well, what-what-what's wrong? could it be related to the liver transplant?"

"of course. he's rejecting it because it's my liver"
meredith said, walking out of the lounge.

"okay, look, just do me favor, go take a blood sample, and try to get some more information out of him. i-i need someone who speaks grey"

"yeah" lexie said, fixing her lab coat and walking out with kelsey and miranda following after.

"tell me how everything goes" kelsey said to her before heading in another direction.