s3 e2: "but at least we've still got each other"

☁︎·̩͙✧ ❝ AND WE WILL TRAVEL
TOGETHER AND STAY IN
LOVE FOREVER ❞ ✧·̩͙☁︎

─── ∙ ~𑁍~ ∙ ───
"𝐧𝐨 𝐧𝐨 𝐧𝐨, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐥 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧"

"what, no, watching the sunset on the rooftop of a bar was the best thing we did"

"what? we watched the sunset on a rooftop every night and all we did was go back to the hotel room and have sex afterwards"

"exactly which, while we're talking was actually the best thing we did on our honeymoon" jackson whispered in her ear as he rubbed his hand up and down her lower back while they traveled up the small dirt hill, causing her to stop once the reached the top.

"you are so nasty" she said through a giggle as she placed her hands on the sides of his face and brung him in for a kiss, one which he happily returned with a smirk.

"oh, i need to sit" kelsey breathed out, slipping her small bookbag off her shoulders and sitting on a large nearby rock with a sigh, unzipping her bag and pulling out her water bottle.

"why do you like this again?"

"it's nature, it's beautiful, breathtaking. there's always an adventure out here in the wild. what's not to like?"

"the bugs, the heat, the dirt, the possibility of getting eaten by coyotes"

"we're not gonna get eaten by coyotes" jackson chuckled, drinking from his own water bottle.

"are you crazy? we're in coyote territory"

"well, if any coyotes start to chase us, i'll let them get me first so you can run away" he assured with a smile, bringing one to kelsey's face.

"help me!" a distance voice yelled, causing the two's eyebrows to furrow as they looked up.

"did you hear that?" jackson asked as he turned around.

"help me!" grabbing their things, the two quickly rose to their feet and ran behind them in the direction of the voice, rounding the corner of bushes to see a man lying flat on his back. kelsey eyes widened once they made their way up to him, her breath hitching in her throat as she caught sight of the open wound on his thigh.

"what happened?" kelsey asked the man through a few short pants as they both kneeled down to his level.

"my wife...."

"all right, pulse and respiratory rate are rapid" jackson stated as he placed two fingers on the man's neck and his opposite hand on the side of his chest, feeling for any serious injuries. kelsey reached into her bag and grabbed her phone, unlocking it and checking her bars in the top left corner.

"i have no signal this deep in the canyon"

"here, use mine. all right, tender on the right side. he's losing a lot of blood" jackson said as he handed kelsey his phone. she unlocked his phone, shaking her head and placing it on the ground on top of hers as she noticed his phone's lack of signal and began to feel for a pulse on the man's injured leg.