s1 e6: "happy new year, avery"

"𝐇𝐄𝐘𝐘𝐘𝐘 𝐊𝐄𝐋𝐒𝐄𝐘. 𝐊𝐄𝐋𝐒. 𝐊𝐄𝐋𝐒-𝐊𝐄𝐋𝐒"
lexie beamed as she walked up to kelsey in the peds wing.

"kels-kels?" she asked as a laugh, throwing her stethoscope around her neck.

"sorry. that was...weird okay. um, i brought you a coffee" she said with a smile as she extended her arm with the coffee cup in her hand out.

"ooo thank you" she said as she took it out of her hand, taking a few gulps before stopping and looking out the corner of her eye to see lexie still smiling at her.

"what did you do to it?" she defensively asked, sitting it down on the desk top and turning to face her.

"nothing! i didn't do anything to it"

"then why are you smiling like that?" she asked, turning her attention to the nurse who handed her a patient chart.

"well um—are you okay?"

"i'm fine. thanks...for asking?" kelsey responded before writing on the chart again.

"no. well um. i just asked that because you came over my house last night and got drunk and then you told me about your mom and i tried to stop you because i didn't think you were meaning to be telling me that but then you started crying and then you didn't stop so i kinda just let you talk and then i got you to stop crying and then you passed out" lexie rambled lowly so only she could hear before letting out a breath.

"i told you. about my mom" kelsey said, not writing, but still looking down at the chart in front of her.

"i'm sorry"

"no i'm sorry—god what is wrong with me that's the second person"

"the second, person?"

"i told bailey yesterday and this morning she gave me sympathy eyes. that's exactly why i didn't want to tell anyone. and now you're doing it!"

"i am not"

"you are. you can't help it, it happens"

"i'm not giving you sympathy eyes. un-unless you want the sympathy eyes—"

"lexie. walk away" kelsey said with a smile as she took another sip of her coffee.

"thank you" lexie whispered before rushing out of the peds wing.

♥ 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐯𝐞 ♥

"𝐄𝐗𝐂𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐌𝐄. 𝐈'𝐌 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐃𝐑. 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐒𝐋𝐎𝐀𝐍" a blonde haired girl asked kelsey as she was scribbling in a chart.

"um, you see the dude who was burned trying to deep fry a turkey? sloan's the guy making him scream like a girl" kelsey said before walking over to callie to look at their patient's x-rays.

"hi. um, so this is a little weird, but, um...my name is sloan reilly and, uh, my mom's samantha reilly and, um....i'm pretty sure you're my dad" kelsey watched in shock as lexie walked over to the two, completely oblivious to what was just said.

"robbins" kelsey said, looking down at her beeping pager.

"uh, go ahead i'm all set here. plus it looks like mark's gonna need some help" callie joked.

"𝐒𝐇𝐄'𝐒 𝟏𝟖. 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐌𝐔𝐂𝐇 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍 𝐌𝐄"