Chapter 13: Red

Eve Azuré

Age: 35

Species: Iridescent

Inside Leo's castle, I laid in the living room on a velvet couch, looking through one of the thirty files I sprawled across the marble floor. Each file represented a plan Leo devised to bring down iridescent kings. Though rules of war claim there can't be any battles between the same species, that doesn't mean we can't tarnish the names of Iridescent kings. Most plans involved me sleeping around to use photos as blackmail. If there is one thing Leo taught me it is the most important thing for a king is to have citizens who adore you; and who adores a cheater. I slyly smiled, taking out a picture of a king plowing me. Many would call him eye candy, but to me he was hideous because my eyes only looked for Leo. With my face hidden and scars buried under layers of makeup my identity was unrecognizable, and as for the king everything open and exposed. No one could mistake the kings face or tattoos with another.

I curled my toes, chuckling as I sipped red wine straight from a half empty bottle. I laughed to myself, "I only want Leo, but he makes me dry fuck kings I don't give a damn about while he's willingly having three ways with maids every other night." I sipped another gulp from my bottle, "How he doesn't love me... bitch ass."

"I hate seeing you like this Eve," Cyrus intruded, peering over the balcony from the corridor above. His voice continued to echo through the tall ceilings and pilars. He matured well, ten years ago no one would think his muscles would one day bulge through his shirt or he would have a healthy portion of fat, or his height would succeed Leo's six foot four. He may look strong, but he is still very weak.

I smiled, looking up at him, "What do you want shit face."

"You're the one who's shitfaced," Cyrus sneered, walking down the wide staircase, "Put down the bottle, I don't want Lian or Esoteric finding you like this. Think about your children for once."

My gold dress dragged across the black marble as I wobbly strutted, barefoot to Cyrus. I pushed his shoulder aggressively, "Don't tell me what to do, all I ever do is think about you brats, I deserve a drink every once in a while."

He snatched the bottle, "Bitch, at any given moment you have more alcohol running through your veins than Jesus."

I restlessly reached for the bottle, my finger tips grazed the violet ribbon, but not matter how close I am, I can never quite get a hold of what I want. I slurred, "You're just upset you're Leo's least favorite. That's it, and you're taking it out on me."

He smiled, looking at the bottle as he flipped it in the air once. Teeth clenched the bottom of his lip, holding in a melting pot of emotions. The bottle moved hand to hand, "... Low Blow," He said giving the bottle back, "Drink all you want."

I stared at the bottle, then back up at him, "wha-"

"I know my place," he dully stated, sauntering back up the stairs, "Like Leo always says, 'the most important thing for a king is to be adored by his people.' This means Leo has to do everything to keep their love, like following traditions." Cyrus's wings flapped once as a way to release frustration. Feather's fell like a slow snow. He grumbled, "One for example, for our kingdom the army's commander has to be an offspring of the king. Leo could have picked any of us, Esoteric... Lian... but he picked me. When a battle is declared between two kingdoms, the victor is chosen either by eliminating the opposition's army, king, or... the commander." He looked down from the balcony, with a subtle grin, "He knows that if perchance we do lose the battle... the war... it's better if I'm the child he loses."