Chapter 37: I love you

Kairi ( Project K)

Age: 17

Species: Original

Nova panted behind me, "Kairi... you're... walking... too fast... I can't keep up with you."

We had just entered the lab; I was going to find an empty cell to sleep in an try to forget about what Necrosis said about my father. Necrosis probably thinks my dad is the greatest man in the world. He probably thinks he's wise and holly. If there's one thing I know about my father it is he puts up a front. A great man  doesn't abandon his family. He never visited my mother, or called, or sent letters. He only sent us money and was hardly heard from. I never go to meet him; I don't even know what he looks like. I feel so stupid for writing him so many times asking to meet. I was such a stupid kid. 

Nova grabbed my wrist and screamed, "Kairi!" She stopped me and shouted, "Do you even know where we are or what floor we are on!"

I breathed heavily with frustration. I looked around. We were on the floor with the different lab rooms, right in front of lab number eight. The hallway was all white with square tiles on the floor, just like every other hallway and room in the lab. The walls felt as if they were crumbling in on me. My fixation on my father was so strong I didn't pay attention to where I was really going. I kicked a hole in the wall grunting, "Damn it!" I turned to Nova, "Why do I feel this way?"

Nova smiled at me as she put her cool hands on my heated up face. As she held my cheeks she calmed me down, "There are always two sides to a story, so you shouldn't see it all as black and white when there is so much hidden amongst the gray. When you read a book you look for hidden messages. Maybe something prevented him from visiting your family or writing back to you and your siblings. You don't know."

I moved her soft, pale hands off of my face and held them in front of me as I said quietly, "Or maybe it is what it is."

"Either way, you're calm now," Nova smiled, lightly tapping my cheek and then giving me a kiss on the lips.

I pulled her in, smiling, "Yeah I am now." I kissed her on the forehead. When she looked up at me with those big, amber gold eyes, I said sweetly, words that mean everything when they are honest, "I love you."

"I love you too," she whispered, standing on her toes to kiss my lips once more. Her lips were the only lips I wanted mine to touch. They felt softer the longer we kissed each other.

We stopped kissing when we heard moaning coming from lab room eight. We got quiet. She said softly, "Who's in there at this hour, it must be three in the morning?"

I moved in front of the thick, metal door, and motioned her with my hand to come next to me. I opened it a crack. Our jaws dropped at the sight of Queen Eve with a man other than Leo. She's never cheated on Leo before! I guess she got tired of all his unfaithfulness she said 'fuck it'.

Nova spoke softly, peering through the crack of the door, "He has robotic legs. And a robo dick! He must be an experiment."

We tried to look away, but we couldn't help but to watch for a second. Never had we seen a cyborg.

Eve laid on her back on the metal table, while the man held himself up above her. They looked each other in the eyes as he trusted his hips in a rhythmic motion. Her eyes began to shut as she lost control. Her legs wrapped around his back to pull him in. He bit his lip, then told her, "You're so beautiful."

Never once have I heard Leo say that to her. He pulled her arms above her head. Her legs started shaking as she smiled, "this feels too good."

I moved away from the door telling Nova, "I'm happy Eve's having some fun."

Nova closed the door, smirking, "We can have some fun of our own."

She grabbed my hand and led me down the hallway. I chuckled really ugly, "Don't mind if I do." Then I squeezed her butt.

She started laughing, "Not here!"

I lifted up the back of her lab gown, joking, "Not even a sneak peak?"

As she walked she jiggled her butt teasing me with an ugly dance down the hallway. I let go of her gown, and held my chest in hysterical laugher, "Oh Nova, you're something special alright."

When love is sweet, you can always make the other person laugh. Throughout my life Nova made me laugh countless times. She made me enjoy life more than I deserved.