Chapter 39: The eye of the storm

Project V

Age: 12

Species: Incandescent

Every good story has something fucked up, so that must mean my life is a skillfully crafted masterpiece. The meeting didn't last long. Leo came home early, so we were forced to depart. Cyrus and Lian went off to practice sparing, because although Lian has won a few battles of her own, she still needed to learn a vast amount of skills for the final battle of the war (When only two kingdoms remain, one representing the Iridescent species, which will hopefully be Paramount, and the other representing the Incandescent species). My cute childhood boyfriend, you know Esoteric, told me he was going to follow Necrosis home because he thought the journey would strengthen their friendship or something. Esoteric would always talk about how Cyrus and C were best friends, so he thought it would be nice to make Necrosis his best friend.

I went back to the pit with C, Kairi, and Nova. Usually the pit smelt like rotting flesh and garbage, but when crowded around a trashcan filled with dried up flowers, like violets, lit on fire the foul smell becomes fainter underneath the fresher sent. We already met Leo's quota for the number of experiments to extinguish, so we just relaxed around the fire, and made sure no one tried to escape or do anything stupid. Kairi and C went to the decomposition room to drop off more dead bodies, so it was just Nova and I in that dimly lit pit.

I braided Nova's waist length, bleach blonde hair. Her eyebrows were a naturally dark color in comparison to her hair, but not one of those dark colors that made her eyebrows look out of balance. It was one of those dark colors that showed she had eyebrows. I started thinking about what dating was like and Esoteric. Esoteric is so cute and funny. I'm not a princess, but he treats me like one. Sometimes he picks flowers for me; sometimes I form tin cans from the pit into flowers for him. Once he gave me a heart shaped box full of chocolate, so I carved my own heart shaped box out of wood and filled it up with bolts. If I didn't live in the pit I could have gotten him something better, but he never cared. He would always laugh and then hug or kiss me. I know when you get older, like sixteen or seventeen, you start to have sex, I'm not quite shore what sex is but I know it happens when you're in love. BOTH NOVA AND KAIRI RECENTLY TURNED SIXTEEN! I said calmly to Nova, finishing her first braid, "Have you and Kairi had sex yet?"

"W-what?" She stuttered. She covered her mouth and started laughing a bit, "Why would you want to know that?" Then she growled, "Teric better not be pressuring you, that pervert doesn't know what's coming for him if he-"

"NO he's not!" I interrupted her.

She smiled, calming down, "Good."

I began to braid her hair slower. I explained, "I know it's something that's going to happen eventually when I'm much older. I was just wondering if you and Kairi had sex yet because I want to know what your first time felt like."

Nova was quiet. I'm now pretty sure she thought of the countless times her and Kairi did the do, waaaay before sixteen and beyond, however what I am now certain of is after she processed 'first time', Leo festered her mind. She sighed in relief, realizing Leo hasn't gotten his hands on me. Then she lied to protect me, "My first time was with Kairi, last month and it was nice. It didn't hurt... and there were candles and... soft music playing."

"Awwww," I grinned, finishing Nova's second braid.

Suddenly C and Kairi came back. They sat down around the fire, taking a well deserved break. C complained, wiping the sweat and grim off his face with a towel, "I smell like moldy cheese and dog shit."

"Beats rotten eggs and vomit," Karir sighed. He cuddled up next C, then started joking, "Come on baby lets shower together," then winked at him.

C laughed, "Sorry babe, I have other plans tonight, but you can always shower with Nova, she would love to wash your back."