Chapter 29: Further Plans

Cyrus Azuré

Age: 15

Species: Iridescent

Kairi and Nova were together in a separate section of the lab for quite some time. In the main lab I continued to wait with the others for them to come back. We sat in a circle, going Project C, Me, Esoteric, Project V, and then Lian. Somehow we started talking about a new comic book that was out, and then C changed the topic to me.

C laughed, "Lian, guess what Cyrus's superhero name is!"

I grumbled, "Oh God," putting the palm of my hand on my face.

Esoteric shouted, "What is it?!"

"We were only joking around last night," I stated.

V squealed, "TELL US!"

I stood up, which I shouldn't have because after I said, "I don't want to be here for this," C pulled down my pants, screaming, "Thunder thighs!"

Esoteric marveled, gazing at my muscular thighs, "They're marvelous

"You're all so ugly," I laughed, pulling my pants back up.

Suddenly, Kairi broke through the door separating the main lab from the room they were in. He rolled out like a tatter tot, his arms and his legs were completely missing apart from the slowly growing nubs on his body. Give or take ten minutes his limbs would be fully regenerated, but all I could think was damnnnn, how did that happen?! Kairi hit the yellow, bubbling test tubes that stretched from the floor to ceiling like a game of pinball until finally he stopped in the center of our circle. He grinned at C, and then looked at me, claiming, "Things got a little freaky," hinting he had sex with her.

Nova walked out of the room, speaking the truth, "Very funny Kairi." She walked to the center of our circle, and dug her foot in Kairi's rib cage, "Nothing freaky happened."

I pulled Nova down to where I was sitting, so she sat in-between project C and Esoteric. While I rolled Kairi to the circle, in-between Lian and project V, I brought everyone's attention to me, "It's been fun, but now it's time to address a more serious matter." Everyone's face turned firm and focused. No one was talking. Though we were all childish, and enjoyed playing around with each other, we knew when to get serious. We've all been through so much. The world taught us happiness is a luxury, and if you don't pay your bills, you can't afford luxuries. I sat back down in the ring of the circle, in-between Project V and Kairi. I crossed my long legs, sitting up straight and tall. I sternly said with hatred in my voice, "Leo."

Discuss crossed the faces of my family and friends. V wanted to know, "What about him?"

"It's not about him," I stated, looking deep into V's dark brown eyes. My eyes then scanned the circle as I continued, "It's about us, and how we are going to bring him down. It's about how we are not only going to free ourselves, but the world." I reached into my pocket and pulled out a metallic chip. I threw it to the center of our circle. It expanded a foot in diameter, flat on the floor. Then begun to project three dimensional, holographic images that went along with the words I spoke. The images were miniature and colorful and even had sound. I begun to remind everyone, "These past few days' we've been through a lot. Good..." The holographic plate played Radom moments of us from today, yesterday, and other days in the past that were pleasant, even from when I was five years old.

A smile lit up across all our faces. C exclaimed, "I didn't know these moments were being filmed! That's so cool!"

Lian explained, "The chip moves around, and is programmed by the user to film certain moments in time and locations based either on the algorithm or manual input. Basically it moves around randomly and films random things unless the user tells it otherwise."