Chapter 36: Welcome to Sigma Octantis

Esoteric Azuré

Age: 13

Species: Iridescent

Most of the time I liked my mother, maybe I can even say I loved her, like when she wanted Lian, Cyrus, and I to bake a cake with her to celebrate Lian's victory. She had her faults, but I always knew she tried to be the best mother she could be. I guess our relationship with her as kids was like a rubber band, if we are pulled away from each other, you snap right back; although the thing with rubber bands is sometimes they snap and break.

Eve wanted Leo to join us for cake, but we didn't want to be in his presence. She never forced us to do anything. She told us we could take the cake and share it with our friends. She said she wouldn't tell our father. If Leo knew about our relations with the projects then he would erase our memories. We didn't want to risk losing something so precious to us, so Lian, Cyrus, and I sneaked outside the castle to meet up woth V, C, Kairi, and Nova.

We stayed on the pink sandy beach, gazing up at the stars. We ate pizza and finished most of the cake a while ago, so we all rested in the sand, on our backs, in a pinwheel like shape next to each other. V laid beside me, holding my hand. She had the softest hands. Lian was next to her and then went Nova, Kairi, Cyrus, C and then back to me. It kind of feels like this morning when we all had pizza together. We were discussing the topic of superheroes; we always seemed to be on that topic at least once in our conversations because of how much Cyrus and C loved them.

Cyrus remembered, "That reminds me, I've been meaning to ask you, when you won why did you make the superman symbol into the camera." I've actually been wondering the same thing.

Lian crossed her arms behind her head. I could hear the sand under her shifting. She explained, "Originally... I was going to be the one to die."

"WHAT!" V exclaimed

Nova asked, "Why?!"

"Shhhh," I hushed everyone.

Lian went on, "You know how all we want to do is change the world? To save it from its self. To save the people. To stop Leo... All so we could finally be free. Well, I got the opportunity to talk to the man while the audience was going crazy. He was more capable of making our dreams come true than me. I told him what move I was going to do, so he could counter it and kill me. I don't know what was going through his head, but he purposefully moved into the direction of my sword so I could be the one to win. Now I will do whatever it takes to make sure our dreams become reality and his death was not in vain."

"Wow", Kairi said, "But that still doesn't explain the superman symbol you did."

Lian concluded, "There's a small reform group called Sigma Octantis. He is the leader of, I mean was the leader of, this group. They use that symbol to represent themselves. There goals are the same as ours. He told me someone named Necrosis Hale will find me, and tell me everything about it. Maybe we can all join! I just wanted to put the symbol out there in the world. No one really knows what I meant by it. They probably thought I was a comic book fanatic or something, but one day everyone will know what I meant."

It was quiet for a brief moment, until I acknowledged, "Well, if this Sigma Octantis is anything like what you said it is, then I will be more than willing to join."

Everyone else agreed with a slightly off from synchronized, "Yeah."

C questioned, "So, when will this Necrosis Hale find you?

Lian shrugged her shoulders, shaking her head, "I don't know."

Suddenly, we heard someone chomping down on the cake we didn't finish. He said with his mouth full, "This tastes so good!"