CH 2. The Phoenix

Author's Pov :

Suho's breathed in an out as he raised his head and meet eye to eye with the young Alpha. "That's the truth"

The Grey clouds haven't dispersed, as its darkness started to envelop the area around the werewolves. A pin-drop silence hung between everyone, but the hush of air and rustling of leaves made it at least bearable. 

"We didn't send these spies. Someone is trying to frame us" 

As Suho said these words, he shifted his eyes away and stared at the the grey sky. It looks like the rain is gonna pour anytime soon. 

Chanyeol silently watched the two elders before raising a curious brow. "You didn't send spies, then how come our pack mates were found in the Wilds" 

Yifan frowned as he glared at the corpses. "How do we know? Chanyeol  they are not our spies but the ones who might be working behind our backs" he said with a scowl on his face. "We should investigate this instead of pointing fingers at each other"

Suho gave a small nod. "The wilds is an underworld territory. No one dares step foot in there from the mystic. We don't know how the hell did they even have guts to cross the border"  

"So the conclusion is we have got traitors among us." Sehun spoke with a hint of anger in his voice as he turned to face Chanyeol. "Alpha, do you think we should start an investigation?"

Chanyeol shook his head, "That might be a way out for the traitors, the news will alert them" His eyes narrowed again over the elders.

Chanyeol's mind wandered as he remembered the paper Sehun and Kyungsoo gave him. 

"Chanyeol, do you really wanna talk about this here?" Yifan mumbled, raking his hand through his hairs, frustration written all over his face. "Discussing here might be dangerous"

Chanyeol's gaze lowered before his eyes travelled up and stayed fix on the sky. The grey colour of the sky matched his eyes.

He has never been stuck in such a situation before. Is there someone who is trying to plot against them? But why?

"Head back to my office" He ordered. "Guards, make sure to raise the border patrol, keep your eyes and ears open"

Turning to face his Delta he gave him one more instruction. "Kyungsoo, Inform all our scouts to widen their search in the neighboring territories. Especially ask them to stay alert near the border of Mystic Forest" 

Everyone quickly scattered away, leaving only the Alpha, Beta and some warriors behind. Chanyeol looked at them before shifting his eyes over the corpses. His heart was swarmed with different emotions. He could not accept the fact that few of his pack members would go to such lengths. Chanyeol quickly schooled his expressions before speaking again.