CH 17. Echoing Abyss ( 2 )

Warning 🚫 :  use of Curse words, violence, blood

Author's Pov:

It's been three hours since the phoenix unleashed his fury.

After the flames subsided in the Echoing Abyss, the stadium lay in ruins, a dusky silence hung in the air beneath ominous clouds.

Hwang Jae Hyun emerged as the sole survivor, escaping the battle unharmed, driven by fear of sharing the same fate as the other vampires.

With clenched fists, Hwang Jae Hyun trembled in fury, caught off guard by the unexpected turn of events.

Most importantly he saw the bearer of the  phoenix and the traitor who could shake the Council to their core.

Confused, Hwang Jae Hyun wondered why the traitor, despite seeing him run, made no effort to stop or chase him. It left him questioning if the traitor wanted him to escape and reveal their secret to the Council.

That's not possible! Or did he think Hwang Jae Hyun will hide or not dare to expose him?!

Gritting his teeth, he rubbed his hand over his face and cast a single glance at his coven members, who stood silently awaiting his orders. Only twenty men had managed to escape with him; the rest succumbed to the heavenly fire.

Hwang Jae Hyun, though short-tempered, always enjoyed favouritism over Jackson and Mike, which fueled his arrogance as the favoured one.

Despite being unable to match the prowess of Jung Mina, Kang Hana, or Choi Eun, Hwang Jae Hyun remained the preferred choice for his Master Kang because unlike them he uses his tactics well.

Though he is weaker than them, he has always thought of himself above them.

The only one he could never compare himself to were the top Reagents.

One Of them, being Byun Baekhyun, in particular, makes him feel envious, not anger, not fear, not respect but envious. That weakling killed like ten Hybrids and became the Reagent under Master Xiu.

That guy though weak and arrogant is under the direct order of Master Xiu that makes everyone keep a one centimetre distance from him. Even the Council Master acts like they are walking on broken glass round him.

No matter how many punishments that bastard gets he is tough as a tortoise shell. Now everyone would wonder why not the Council just kill him off if he is weak?

Hwang Jae Hyun has heard the rumours around the wild. That Byun Bastard, though weakling, has a unique bloodline. He can't be killed unless the fire is Heavenly fire.

His Master had tried to use every way to get Hwang Jae Hyun under Master Xiu but Byun Baekhyun had become a big Hurdle.

Few months ago, they were ordered to capture the phoenix from the Elders. He has never met them but they had such an authority that none of them could deny them. That was the moment where his Master wanted to kill two birds with one stone.