CH. 8. Zhang Yixing

Author's Pov :

The weather got even heavier as thunder roared through the skies. Lighting striked again and again as if the heavens were angry. The noise itself was scary and alarming.

It was already past midnight. Chanyeol couldn't sleep. It was completely dark except for the lightning which struck through his wide glass window illuminating his face and the rain which struck the window harshly.

He was fond of rain, even the heavy ones but he has never liked the unrelenting thunder. It disturbed his peace of mind, and shook his composed foundation.

Letting out a sigh he raised himself up and quietly made his way out of the room. The corridors were dark but it doesn't matter. His werewolf vision was enough to walk carefully.

After Chanyeol's parents died, their house was all his. He refused a new furnished one, as he want to stay where he has so many memories of his parents. Their warmth was gone, but Chanyeol was still here. He would always visit their old room if he felt restless.

Turning a corner, he came in front of a white wooden door before entering. The room was clean but there was still a bed and a huge wooden box. He remembered that how he refused to throw his mother's treasured box after her death.

His mother was a well known healer. As skilled as she was in medicine she had amazing skills in arts as well. Being an artist her creativity had no bounds. There were various sketch books all filled with beautiful sketches, one can only admire them more and more.

Chanyeol has a faint memory of her sitting in the garden, sketching serenely. She looked so peaceful and so beautiful. The image of her smile would never fade away from his mind.

Beside her treasured art pieces, she had many hobbies. One of her hobbies was that she loved collecting historical evidence, which none can even claim if they were true. She loved to research, find clues and note them down. That made her have so many journals in her arsenal. She was such a curious person that even when on visiting the other packs she would plead to have a look through their libraries. Sometimes, her stories were of wonder while sometimes no one believed them.

Chanyeol touched the wooden box carved delicately. Pulling the lid up he gently sat himself before peeking in. At one side lay a few sketch books, while at the other side were at least a dozen journals, some handwritten while few documented neatly in a pile. In the middle section lay her gifts which she had received in the past. As a healer, she was very deep knowledge of medince, and she loved to find various antidotes for poison. She had saved so many people with her knowledge that people admired her greatly. Then there were those bedtime story books, unique and very much out of the world.

He recalls how his mother used to love talking about elves. She would always say, their world existed but it was out of the world. It was beautiful and none of the treasures can compare to its beauty. She would animatedly describe their pointed ears and angelic beauty but also warn him of their majestic nature and charming personality. They were proud creatures and lived their life with honour. Their kindness was above everything, but their anger was like a dark abyss you can't help but be scared. She talked and talked as if they really existed. Chanyeol was just a child so he did believe in her stories too. She used to adore them and who was Chanyeol to throw these away which remind him of her love for them? He cherished her everything, even though they were mythical children stories they were precious to her.

Smiling at the memory he picked one of her coloured sketch books. He wasn't a child anymore but he just wanted to recall more. It's been a while since he had gotten so emotional. Though he was still a child when he lost both his parents he could still remember everything before they died. Those days felt like a pleasant dream which this box proves to him time and again that it was all real.