CH 24 : Serenity.

Author's Pov :

Chanyeol and Baekhyun have known each other for just a month. When they first faced each other, they were on opposite sides, crossing paths with clear hostility and definitely not on good terms.

Chanyeol found himself awestruck the first time he laid eyes on Baekhyun, amazed by his aura and beauty. The sheer power emanating from the Vampire left him shocked.

Baekhyun, on the other hand, remained stoic. He stood before the Werewolves like an unmoving mountain covered in ice. Even when his attention shifted to Chanyeol, his approach was straightforward with minimal words.

They were like rivals in that moment, a Vampire and a Werewolf facing each other, with no connection except the potential for conflict or war.

After that initial encounter, it seemed as if fate had bound them together. Baekhyun helped Chanyeol in more ways than he could, and although he was initially cautious, Chanyeol gradually started to confide in him the most.

If someone were to ask him whom he trusted the most with his life, after his family, surprisingly, it would be Baekhyun—the Vampire who should have been only an enemy, his rival, the one whom he should be on guard against.

He can't recall when trust began to form with the Vampire, or maybe it was always present, subtly unnoticed.

Despite Baekhyun's harshness and plain rudeness, his words laced with thorns, they somehow felt more like gentle paper cuts.

His words served as a reminder and a warning, indicating that Chanyeol wasn't ready to face the danger. There was a risk of him costing everything around him if he didn't let go of his weaknesses.

The message was clear: unless he accepted the phoenix being a part of himself, he would lose what remained of him. These truths always hit Chanyeol hard enough for his wolf to step up and convey to him that he wasn't enough anymore, that the phoenix was a part of his soul now and he better believe in what was before him.

Chanyeol's deepest trust lay with his family, his Pack being the core of that familial bond. It was challenging for anyone to earn a spot on his list of trustworthy individuals. Surprisingly, Baekhyun managed to mark his own name there, and for some reason it made Chanyeol not surprised at all.

What surprised him the most was that he initially intended to keep it all professional, just on a business level, cooperating with the Vampires. However, he never expected to start caring, and definitely not to be cared for in return.

Chanyeol has always been good at reading people. Despite the challenge of seeing beyond Baekhyun's ice-cold expressions, he was quick to notice the subtle change in the Vampire's actions.

Baekhyun's eyes were the most expressive of them all, both terrifyingly beautiful and a window to his emotions.

They would gradually scrunch up for a millisecond when he is confused, his pupils narrow sharply when he is annoyed, the blue in his eyes shine when he is amused and up to some mischief. 

Baekhyun's eyes tell a lot of stories. They get distant and somehow vacant when it's something not to his interest. Sometimes they just lazily zoom in on one place, heavily lidded wandering clearly bored.

His eyes are the most intense when Baekhyun is angry as inferno is burning within them. They glare like daggers, and get stuck to one's soul. So sharp, and so dark as shadow cast over them, making anyone tremble where they stood.