CH 21. Crescentum: The Cursed Land.

DOUBLE UPDATE TODAY

DOUBLE UPDATE TODAY

Author's Pov :

Chanyeol felt all woozy as he stepped out of the black hole. Quick reflexes kicked in, and he clutched Baekhyun, ensuring they didn't tumble face-first.

Ryuga noticed Chanyeol's dizziness and smacked his own forehead, realising he forgot a crucial detail.

He fumbled through his sleeves, producing two masks - one for the Werewolf and one for the Vampire.

"My bad. I totally forgot to mention the air here is toxic. You gotta wear these to handle it," Ryuga admitted.

Chanyeol took the mask, sighing towards Ryuga, who grinned at him. Ryuga's silly oversight could have cost him his life even before he could save Baekhyun.

Shaking his head, Chanyeol first helped Baekhyun with his mask, instinctively pushing some of his hair aside. He couldn't help but stare at him for a minute.

Chanyeol remembered how Baekhyun had told him about the medicine he was taking, but looking at Baekhyun now, he seemed paler. Worried, Chanyeol wondered if the medicine hadn't worked.

Chanyeol hesitantly took out the pill that Baekhyun had and showed it to Ryuga.

"Can you check these pills? Baekhyun took one and hasn't woken up since. If they're meant to cure him, why isn't he awake yet?" Chanyeol inquired, worried evident in his voice.

Ryuga took the pills and immediately understood.

"These pills are of good quality, meant for healing the internal wounds and increasing blood flow in the system. The only setback is that your friend would go through immense pain to get healed. His waking time depends on how quickly he gets healed."

Chanyeol took those pills back and stared at them. "Is there no way that Baekhyun could get cured without going through the pain?"

Folding his arms, Ryuga looked amused. "You sure you aren't mates. I mean, it's quite unusual to see a werewolf so concerned about a vampire unless there's a hint of love involved."

Rolling his eyes, Chanyeol put the pills away carefully and adjusted his own mask over his mouth. "Nope, there is no chance of us being mates."

Ryuga narrowed his gaze and stared curiously at the Alpha. "You did call him your friend. What's the issue then?"

Chanyeol chuckled as he looked around; they were in a cave with the exit just a meter away.

"The issue is Baekhyun hates me. He is just tolerating me for some reason. And don't you dare tease him like that; he might not like it at all," he warned before staring at his feet in thought.