CH.9. HeartLess

Author's Pov :

While a storm is yet to diminish in the Myst, a deadly silence has already befallen in the Wilds.

A man in light green robes was running through the forest, holding a delicately threaded pouch. He avoided holding it tight as he didn't want to crush the herb he had found after a whole night of searching. He has to deliver it as soon as he can or else that person will die. He didn't know that the journey he was destined to take would be cut short.

He halted for a short while to see the faint image of the castle standing tall on the mountain. I can make it. That's what he thought.

As he got closer to the main forest his gaze wandered around the dark corners and as he signalled there were more people in light green robes joining him. 

They were all given a simple mission. The person carrying the herbs was the younger brother of Reagent Jackson, the Vampire Leader of Black knight Coven. It has only been 100 Years since Lee had lived this life as a Vampire. For anyone else he was just a little boy who entered his teenage phase.

The men in light green robes were all the members of Black Knight Coven. All the popularity and power have made them arrogant and self centred. Even though they ranked lower than five in the list of Top Ten Covens, they had this illusion that they are better than anyone else.

Jackson was young when he was made the Reagent as he possessed that Power and ability to be one. A reagent was not just a leader, they were warriors, the backbone of their people. Even though Jackson was not among the five powerful leaders, he was still among the top ten. He was strong but his brother was a different story. Not only was he young and ambitious, he was Jackson's only weakness.

They say Vampires don't have a heart, they are an empty shell of Darkness, but a blood bond can be like one body two souls. Jackson wasn't just Lee's older brother he was also his master, his sire who turned him into a Vampire. The bond itself was truly special. If this bond is broken, Jackson might lose half of himself which will itself make him weak and useless.

Lee and the Black Knights ran as fast as they could. They have to deliver the Herb to the Council Hall as soon as they can. Jackson's good Friend Reagent Mike, the leader of Shadow Creek Coven, was poisoned. His coven was assassinated in one scoop, while he was lucky enough to escape, he was still on the verge of dying. The type of poison in his body was extremely dangerous. No one knows who did it. Some have their own suspicions but are afraid to voice them out because what if they are the next in line?

The herb was the only kind which can act as an antidote, and as Jackson was the only good Friend of Mike who he trusted, he took upon himself to hunt it down. But being a leader he has his own pride so in his place his younger brother was given the chance to prove his abilities. Hence here he was running along with the herb.

The dawn was about to break. The pitter patter of the rain felt like a woosh sound in their ears. The group moved fast not even taking a break as they knew how urgent the matter was. None of them expected something to hit them hard.

Lee and the group were startled as suddenly an explosion broke them apart. A sharp wooden stake wedged passed through his ear before striking the one beside him. Lee's eyes widened in panic. His gaze roamed around to find the intruder but in the darkness of the night and haze of the rain he couldn't even smell anything but soil.

Baring his fangs he signaled his companions to stay alert when a black cloaked figure emerged from the woods.

The companions along with Lee were fast enough to take a step back. The fear on their faces made Lee feel angry. He was a spoiled arrogant teenager after all.