CH 23. Unveiling Bonds

Author's Pov:

If anyone were to witness Chanyeol in his current state, they would be shocked, wondering what ordeal he had endured within Crescentum.

As Chanyeol teleported out of Crescentum, carrying the unconscious Baekhyun, his focus was so consumed by the aftermath that he failed to notice Luhan and the others waiting for him.

Luhan, fueled by anger upon learning from Jongin about Chanyeol taking Baekhyun into Crescentum, was immediately overcome by a surge of rage and an urge to punch the careless werewolf.

Knowing that Crescentum had become a dangerous place, they knew going there was like signing their death sentence, quite different from its sacred past.

They were about to enter Crescentum themselves until they saw a tall figure and that was none other than Chanyeol holding an unconscious Baekhyun.

As soon as Luhan laid eyes on Chanyeol, all thoughts of anger vanished.

Chanyeol's clothes were stained with blood, torn in various places, creating a gruesome sight.

It wasn't the worst sight. Being Vampires they have seen many bloodied sights. The most unexpected sight was something else.

His attention then turned to Chanyeol's arm, which looked almost burned, the scar was twisted in a way that resembled a coiling snake.

To the untrained eye, it might seem like the entire arm had suffered burns. Being a phoenix, Chanyeol probably didn't feel the burn, but the aftermath must be painful.

Jongin was the first to react, while Luhan was still busy observing. Immediately, Jongin took Baekhyun from the Alpha and checked for any injuries.

Luhan frowned, noticing that there was not a single scratch on Baekhyun which didn't go unnoticed by Jongin himself.

Both Vampire's were shocked as they turned to  fix their attention on Chanyeol again who just stood there motionless.

Luhan had questions, but Chanyeol spoke first, surprising both Jongin and him.

"Can you open the portal?" Chanyeol's voice was hoarse and low. "I want to return home.”

Luhan didn't immediately respond; he exchanged a worried glance with Jongin. The situation seemed more complex than a mere return.

Chanyeol's eyes were distant, reflecting the turmoil within. The burned arm, the torn clothes, the exhaustion painted a story of a harrowing experience in Crescentum.