CH 7. Dilemma

Author's Pov :

Chanyeol stared at the window for a while from where the Vampire disappeared from as if he would appear again. Sehun and Kyungsoo entered his room with worried gazes.

"Alpha, what's the matter?" Kyungsoo asked as soon as he saw Chanyeol out of the bed.

"Did anything suspicious happen while I was gone?" he inquired, as he noticed the number of guards outside his house. He knows it might be because of his disappearance but he was sure none of them knew he went into the wilds and that he might try to sneak out again.

There was a look exchange between Sehun and Kyungsoo which didn't go unnoticed by Chanyeol.

"Yes, but nothing against us. The second day of your disappearance, a very shocking incident happened in the Myst" Sehun answered as Kyungsoo took out the notice letter which came this morning. "There was an attack on the mystic council. The Council Head was poisoned meanwhile the few who were guarding him were injured"

Chanyeol's eyes widened in alarm, at their words before he read the letter. The Mystic Council has immediately requested a meeting. Every Alpha and their second in Command should be present regardless, as the emergency code red seal stamped below was a clear indication that absence won't be tolerated.

"I didn't expect them to be so bold," Kyungsoo said, getting confused reactions from both Chanyeol and Sehun. "Going for the Council Head of all people, is like an open declaration for War"

"What are they looking for? Why go so far to break the treaty?"

Closing the letter, and placing it over his bedside table Chanyeol slowly exhaled. "I know who this might be and what their goal is but first, we need a plan and second none of what I speak off about the Vampire's should reach the elders. If this gets out, the elders would not only have Sehun's head for letting me go but also lock me up inside the pack"

Sehun groaned, scowling at the Alpha while Kyungsoo nodded quietly.

As Chanyeol started speaking he made sure nothing was left out. He told them about the Vampire's and how they know he is a phoenix.

"What the hell, do you mean they are on our side? I know you took the bet and went in there yourself but luring you into the wilds just to test you was risky and could have harmed you in more ways then you could think" the beta hissed in anger. "I don't believe they are not the ones who also manipulated our pack members and used them against us!"

Chanyeol knew Sehun was right but he was not completely right.

Chanyeol shook his head. "Calm down Sehun, they lured me yes but they made sure I was safe"

Kyungsoo raised a brow at that. "Explain"

Sighing Chanyeol clasped his hand over the blood stone. " The whole time, i was on my way to the wilds I didn't feel any threat looking around me. It was all too easy. Getting in, and walking freely was not what I expected. It was all just too easy until I was caught and found by Baekhyun himself" he smiled softly at the mention of the blue eyed Vampire confusing the Beta and Delta even more.  He continued. "Look, trust me on this one, the Vampire's I met are no threat but I am not sure about the council. There is surely is someone else inside the Myst lurking in the shadows to snap any chance they get"

He recalled what happened in the forest and what the water goddess told him about the darkness. This was not a race for power anymore, there is something else but what?

Sehun groaned, turning to face Kyungsoo to gauge his reaction but the Delta was lost in his thoughts.

"So there was someone from inside" Kyungsoo Confirmed gaining a nod from Chanyeol. "How did they know, when our own scouts were unable to find anything?"