CH 20. The Unknown.

Author's Pov :

Chanyeol felt like there was someone out there who was plotting against him. He couldn't get a single good night sleep with all the ongoing trouble.

Chanyeol's constant troubles were affecting not only him but also Baekhyun and their friends.

Sehun and Kyungsoo probably faced consequences for leaving him alone, and Suho and Yifan might be considering stricter measures upon his return.

Chanyeol couldn't help but worry about the consequences of his actions.

If the vampires discovered that he had entangled Baekhyun in yet another risky situation, their anger and frustration would surely be directed towards him.

Chanyeol acknowledged that he deserved any repercussions that might come his way. His desire to alleviate guilt had once again plunged them into a dangerous situation.

Chanyeol found himself surrounded by a group of unfamiliar men, dressed in ancient, tattered brown and green attire. Their appearance resembled characters from a historical drama, but this was no television set.

They wielded sharp, pointed spears, and their faces bore black ink markings with red stripes across their cheeks. Their eyes, a deep forest green, and their physical presence resembled the ancient samurais he had only encountered in fiction.

They didn't resemble the men living in the forest who hunted humans and performed strange rituals. They possessed a unique aura, but there was something off about their energy—it felt tainted, as if corrupted by dark forces.

Chanyeol could sense a darkness akin to what Jongin had warned him about regarding black magic and its ominous aura.

Beside these men, there were three more individuals. In contrast to the others, they wore dark green robes that seemed relatively intact. Their energy, however, made Chanyeol cautious—it was sharp and potent, though tainted to a lesser extent.

The first was an old man with a white long beard and sharp, falcon-like eyes. Despite his frail appearance and wrinkle covered skin, Chanyeol didn't mistake him for the weak. They called this man Elder Yuroi.

The second, a middle-aged man, bore a resemblance to the old man. He had a broad, strong stature and a handsome face with forest-green eyes. His lighter skin conveyed an air of regality, almost resembling a king. This man was called Lord Kenza.

The last individual made Chanyeol ponder if they were somehow related. A teenager with soft features, golden-brown skin, and light green eyes with the same red markings on his cheeks. His aura was gentler and soothing, yet noticeably weaker.

Chanyeol marveled at how a teenager could exude strength surpassing the two older men. The teenager's bright green robes contrasted with the darker outfits, and his long, silky black hair cascaded below his waist.

They called him Young Master Ryuga.

Even his name was unique, and Chanyeol felt a sense of familiarity, like he had read about it somewhere, although he couldn't pinpoint exactly where.

The odd thing which made him the most puzzled was, all these mysterious folks had shiny metal cuffs wrapped around their wrists, almost like they were a part of their skin. And these cuffs weren't unfamiliar as he has seen something similar on the old Elf’s wrist as well.