CH 14. The Unforseen

Author's Pov :

Chanyeol woke up when harsh rain started to hit the windows of the car. Blinking twice he wiped the remaining sleep off his eyes.

Huge thick trees surrounded the car, as it moved forward leaving the main road and entering the holy grounds of the Capital City, Aurora.

The fog was less dense in this part of the forest but the rain made it difficult to look ahead. The only thing which was visible were the two huge golden gates that reached the sky.

Aurora was a magical dreamland, a supernatural world where humans don't get that privilege to enter.

The forest that surrounds Aurora was also like a maze where humans would never reach Aurora even if they used any type of compass or gps.

Aurora has always been hidden from human eyes and only the people with supernatural abilities can enter it.

The car stopped just before the gates as two guards made their way towards them.

The warrior at the driver seat handed them a small circle shaped Medallion with a dragon carved in the centre. It was 2 inches thick an black in colour with gold highlights.

Chanyeol watched as the Guards saluted towards him before returning the medallion. Every pack has one of their own, with the Mystic Flame pack representing a Dragon.

The gates opened with a soft clang of metal letting their Car pass through. A narrow road led towards the City of Aurora.

People of Aurora have known Chanyeol since he graduated from the "Shadow Myst Academy" when he was sixteen years of age. He has proven his Alpha of Alpha title here when he defeated the last lycan heir 9 years ago.

It was shocking as the Lycans were strong beings and even more powerful than the werewolves. Their blood is known to be from a royal military line so Lycans are treated more like high Ranking Commanders.

Werewolves tend to be careful of their race even though Lycans are less in numbers that being their disadvantage but the powers they have are far superior than any werewolf.

So when Chanyeol defeated their heir it gained him his title as well as fear and respect from the people not just from Aurora but also from the Mystic Forest.

Letting out a sigh, Chanyeol leaned against the seat. He smiled softly as people peeked at him through their windows even though rain might have ruined their view. He was glad that because of the weather they couldn't crowd over the Car. He was already late for the meeting.

As the Car moved forward, the road became wider, houses were replaced by patches of wildflowers and mountains.

There are all types of Flowers with different colours covering both sides of the road gracefully blanketing the whole area with fresh and sweet aroma.

The road leads them towards a valley which is surrounded by huge peaks which disappear among the clouds. Between those peaks were three huge castles.

A majestic castle known as "Arcane Fortress" stood in between four crystal pillars surrounding it. On the front two pillars there was a howling wolf with sharp fang-like eyes. On the left sat a young smug looking Elf with pointy ears. The other two behind have a short giggling Fairy, and a tall witch covered in a knee length cloak and top of her head sat a pointy hat , holding a long wand.

These statues resemble the first ever guardians of the Mist. They were strong and powerful and were known to be best of friends.

They are the ones who founded Aurora but decades have past, the place remained the same however the peace they created vanished through years.