CH 16. Echoing Abyss ( 1 )

Warning : Bloody Scenes ahead 🚫

Author's Pov :

Dark clouds shroud the moon, casting eerie shadows that seem to murmur ancient, chilling secrets. The very air feels charged with an ominous energy, creating an unsettling and scary atmosphere.

Perched on top of an old dungeon, Echoing Abyss is like a big, worn-out stadium. Picture tall arches and seats that have seen better days.

The arena floor tells a story-it used to be a battleground where people fought for their freedom, and you can see the marks of that fight echoing on those worn out walls.

Even though the stands are a bit cracked and aged, they once hosted crowds who witnessed a clash between those who held others captive and those who fought for freedom.

Below the stadium, there's a leftover dungeon, a quiet reminder of the tough times when people were imprisoned.

The whole place is like a tale of two worlds-the lively one above ground and the hidden, dark one below.

Echoing Abyss went from being a sad place of despair to a powerful symbol of people breaking free.

As night fell, a thick, unsettling silence blankets the land. For the past thousands of years, the barren land has finally woken again with the screams of fear and anger.

As Chanyeol leaped down, the ground quivered beneath him in response to the earthshaking growl of the dragon.

The creature's voice echoed, a formidable sound that reverberated through the air.

The child in the cage shrank back, fear seizing control of his body, a tangible presence in the face of the mighty beast.

Chanyeol expected to find the child frozen with fear, but it was his own heart that shivered internally.

Despite Mina's curses for his hasty actions, he dragged her along, the added weight slowing their sprint.

Yet, he ran with single-minded determination, oblivious to everything but the urgent need to save the frightened child.

"What the hell are you trying to do?" Jung Mina bellowed from behind, struggling to steady herself. "You won't be able to free him from those shackles!"

A death dealer appeared before Chanyeol, armed with a weapon. As he tried to dodge the others' spiky weapon he immediately thought of something. Swiftly, Chanyeol leaped to the right, raising his hands just in time. The weapon sliced through his cuffs, freeing him from the shackles that had held him back.

Grinning cheekily at Mina, who stared wide-eyed, he said. "I am not someone who give up easily, no matter how hard the situation is"

Bidding her a quick farewell he rushed towards the boy.