CH 5. The Destined

Author's Pov :

Author's Pov :

Chanyeol stared at the Vampires with a frown, Why is everyone so hung up on me being a phoenix?

Even knowing that he is a powerful creature, who is worshipped by all of them, it's still a curse to him. He lost his parents because of what he is, and now some dangerous beings are after him and will surely go after his pack.

He looked at the Vampire's unscathed hands. He was wondering how in the hell the fire didn't affect him. Fire was harmful to Vampires, at least that's what he knows with experience.

First he gets to know that the Vampire can breathe and now he was immune to Fire. Just wow, there is so much to it.

He was still somehow worried though, "Are your hands okay?" He inquired softly only for the Vampire to put his hands behind his back and regard him with a dismissive look.

"They are fine" was the only reply he got.

Even if he asked him how, he was sure he won't get answers.

Sighing, he straightened his clothes and stared at the Vampires casually, "What do you all need?"

His question startled the Vampire's as they didn't expect the Alpha to directly come on point.

"We need nothing" Luhan said blandly. "Just being curious. You are more than what you think Alpha. Being a phoenix, having those amazing powers, does this not excite you?"

"No..?" He replied smoothly further annoying the Pink haired Vampire more who hissed, before Chanyeol cut him off again this time replying more gently. "I honestly don't care at all"

Jongdae chuckled as he regarded Chanyeol with a smirk, eyes twinkling with amusement. "Well, you sure are interesting"

Luhan hummed as he suddenly stood up from where he sat and looked sharply at the Alpha male before grinning mischievously.

To Chanyeol's surprise he felt something behind him coming towards him like a woosh of air, his ears twitch and with a swift whirl he caught the knife in his palm.

His eyes were alert and wide as he caught the knife effortlessly. Looking over his shoulder Luhan grinned even more as more an more unpredictable things came towards Chanyeol, but alas the Alpha male was too quick and sharp to avoid them all.

Jongin smiled slyly. "It's the first time ever someone could match Luhan Hyung's powers".

Luhan stared at the Alpha and let out an agitated sigh. "What do you think that was Alpha? Extraordinary, yeah"

Chanyeol dropped the knife and tried to calm down his heart. He remained silent recalling that in their fight a few minutes ago, the Vampire used this same trick to attack him with a fire wood stick.