CH 15. Calm Before the Storm

Warning :  Mentions of Blood and Gory scenes ahead. 🚫

Author's Pov :

Chanyeol stirred from unconsciousness, eyes blinking against the dim light.

High ceilings and sombre stone surrounded him. Knitting his brows he tried to open his eyes to take a better look only to groan in pain.

A shaky sigh escaped his lips as confusion replaced the pain. With knitted brows he struggled to sit up, as cold air seeped through his foggy awareness.

Biting his lips to stop himself from groaning again he tried to stand up. He doesn't know what place he was taken to and yet the place is already giving him creeps.

As he observed the place he was wondering where the hell the Vampire's have locked him.

Cold, thick stone walls surrounded Chanyeol, carrying the weight of years gone by. The agony the prisoners faced in here seems to be reflecting on the walls itself.

The air was heavy with silence, broken only by the distant echoes of his movements.

Dim light struggled to penetrate the gloom, casting eerie shadows that danced across the damp floor. Rusty iron bars adorned a small, grated window, offering a glimpse of an outside world that seemed both distant and unreachable.

The atmosphere whispered of abandonment, and Chanyeol for sure doesn't want to stay here any longer than he has stayed.

The sky outside is dark, which means he has been here for hours already. There was a door which might take him outside but he wasn't sure if he could just walk out of here.

With wobbly steps, Chanyeol reached the door, hoping to at least find a way to open it. Yet, as his hand gripped the knob, a sharp burn startled him, forcing a hasty retreat.

Clutching his hand in pain he was startled for a second before his wolf started to heal the damaged skin. The process was slow and sluggish as he expected.

The door was crafted from wolfsbane. The revelation hung in the air, explaining why he couldn't touch it without enduring the agonising delay of his own healing.

Wolfsbane, a plant toxic to werewolves. People can either use it during crafting weapons or to make a whole prison out of it. It’s something which can be used to harm the werewolves but not kill them.

Chanyeol was sure he was fed with some too as he doesn't know how else they were going to bring him here without expecting a fair fight.

Now question is how to get out of here. He can't use the door and there is no other way. He must wait until someone comes here to either save him or drag him to his death.

With a heavy sigh, Chanyeol sat in the dungeon, time dragging like a heavy weight. After what felt like an eternity, the subtle rustling of footsteps reached his ears.

His senses, dulled by the lingering effects of Wolfsbane, as he struggled to discern details, but he could still pick up on the proximity of those approaching.

The door creaked open, revealing a figure. As Chanyeol strained to see through the residual haziness, a woman with a striking, pearl-like appearance entered.

It was evident she wasn't the one behind his kidnapping as he remembered standing above him was definitely a male.

Chan observed her with a muted curiosity, leaning against the wall, devoid of any immediate reaction.