Prologue

Hello! Thanks for picking this story! Unlike the first book, I have completely freestyle with the storyline and it's a bit darker than the first so be prepared! It will take place in Elinor's PoV as per usual but 60 years after the war of the ring. 

I can assure you that if you find the first couple of chapters a bit boring it does get better. Regarding Valinor, I had a lot of trouble finding information that could be used so I have made it up a bit. If you have some tips or information, comment down below.

Lastly, since I am neither a genius nor a self-proclaimed Hobbit, I can't say that I own any of Tolkien's characters, world, or lore. 

Please vote, comment, or add to a public reading list cos that really makes my day. :)

Stay safe - Roozle

____________________________________________________________

I jumped off the front of the ship and landed in the water with a splash. Frodo clung close to Gandalf and Bilbo as they walked onto the beautiful jetty. Galadriel and Celeborn did the same smiling as they took in the surroundings. It was beautiful, white stone buildings intricately built on jagged mountain tops weaving in and out was crystal clear river running out to sea. I waded onto the beach and rung the water out of my clothes.

A few elves were walking onto the beach stopped and stared at me. I grinned rebelliously and caught a warning eye from Gandalf. I shrugged and joined them walking into the city. Other elves were watching us, bowing deeply as we walked passed. I wished Legolas could see this, it put anywhere else on Middle Earth to shame.
"Elinor," Galadriel called to me. "This is your Mother." She nodded in the direction of an elf that looked almost identical to me. I walked over to her timidly. She held out a shaking hand and placed it on my cheek.
"I'm so sorry my daughter." She was shaking and rocking and her eyes were broken. "I'm so sorry." Unsure of what do I stood there awkwardly.
"Celebrian!" Said a voice filled with happiness. Elrond ran up to her and she ran towards him throwing himself into his open arms.
"I've waited for you!" She cried.
"And now I have come my darling!" He replied smiling for the first time since he left Arwen.
"Don't be disheartened Elinor." Galadriel said. "She is consumed in guilt that she was rescued and you weren't. Talking about it frightens her."
"I wanted to give her this." I said pointing to my Tiara. "I wanted her to hug me. I gave up so much to come here just to see her with Elrond. I understand she loves him and will never love me but I wish she could just pretend."
"Do not let you heart be troubled." She said. "Come, you are loved." She said smiling. "Life will always get better." I nodded. I wanted to be with Legolas. I seemed so stupid just leaving him. I remembered a dream I had of my Mother where she promised me she would see my soon. She said it was real but it couldn't of been.
I turned back to the sea and looked at the boat wistfully.
"I'm going for a walk." I announced before turning back the beach and running along the pale sands until my feet stung and my body ached.

The next day I was walking throughout the city when I became aware of someone following me. I turned around to see my Mother.
"I'm sorry for yesterday." She said. "I would like to introduce myself properly and apologize for yesterday." I was stunned and said nothing. " Please, let me hear your voice. " She begged.
"Do I have a name?" I blurted.
"Other then the name the dark one gave you, and then the one Arwen gave you, no. I never named you."
"Why?"
"I didn't want to love you." She said shaking again. "You were Sauron's Daughter. I hated not loving you but I could barely look at you. When they took me back I told them to leave you. I was frightened of you as a newborn baby. I was unable to live with the guilt so I left." She was crying and rocking with her eyes shut. I felt like hugging her but my feet were glued to the ground.
"I killed people! I murdered the innocent! And you knew I would do that but you let me stay in the hands of your captives! It was until Elrond turned me to fight for you! I was Celebrian's daughter instead of Sauron's! I wore this for you!" I ripped of the tiara and throw it at her.
"My tiara." She said breathed. "I wore this the day..."
"The day they took you. I was given it as gift as a sick inside joke! I wore my whole life believing in it's power! Your power! I dreamt about seeing you and you would tell me you loved me and were waiting for me. Now I don't know what to think!"
"Please. I'm sorry. I want to be with you. I want to spend time with you. I want you to be my daughter again." She begged. I sighed.
"Fine! I'll be your daughter again." I told her.
"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." She repeated as she wrapped me in a tight embrace. It felt good to be so close to her. She smelt safe and warm and secure.
"You keep the tiara. I don't want it. You've earned it." She whispered.
"Thank you."