The Battle Pt 1

Hello! It's the moment you've all been waiting for. Thanks for the 400 and something people who have read and an even bigger thankyou to the people who voted, commented or added to their reading list. It really makes my day and without your enthusiasm Elinor would have died long ago xx.

Morgoth made no move as he watched his forces attack the city. The air was filled with boulders from the catapults, arrows, and fireballs from the Balrogs. One of them was one that Gandalf defeated all those years ago. Orcs and dark walkers began to storm the gate while the Balrogs began to lob balls of fire at the stone city, littering it with debris. I put on my armor, strapped a new sword to my waist, and boots for my feet. Finally, I placed my mother's tiara on my head. 
"So," I said to Arwen, Elrohir and Elldaden. "Tonight, fate rests on you."
"I have no plan, no power," Arwen said. "Nothing rests on me."
"Nor I," Elladen said.
"Nor I," Elrohir added. I smiled giving them a hug. Finally, I got to Eldarion.
"Last time you betrayed your husband when you went to battle." He said smiling sadly.
"Not this time," I said smiling. "This time, I fight with my king." I kissed him softly on the lips. He looked a little stunned. 
"I'm not Legolas." He muttered. 
"No, but you are my dear friend all the same." I turned away and walked for the door. 
"Let's kill these horrible little shits." I said firmly as I left the kings hall and strode into the dark night. I flew to the gate and  I used my wind powers to change the course of the arrows flying at me to hit their shooter. I reached the gate and sent a ripple through the air that killed the oncoming orcs and dark walkers. The men around me cheered and began to charge into the new wave of followers. I fought the ongoing stream with a combination of my sword and my powers. We were making up ground and I knew that as soon I would leave it would be lost again. I weighed up my options knowing that fighting Melkor would be better strategically but these men would die. With a heavy heart filled with adrenaline, I flew over the heads of the orc armies, slicing them as I went approaching Melkor slowly but rarely taking my eyes of him. My father held up a mace and watched my carefully reading to swing; like a bird and cunning hawk. But the bird was far more powerful than hawk and I landed a blow with my sword in his stomach. He let out a howl and shock began to cover Morgoth's face. My father attacked again and I sliced again across his arm. He fell and in a split second, I saw Morgoth disappear. He vanished.  Horrified I looked down at my father who was lying on the ground. He was at my mercy. He tried to get up but I raised chains out of the ground. A gift from Aule.  They eruupted at his sides and even as he struggled against them they grew red hot. Sauron was immune to fire but he began to scream in pain as they burnt him. Smoke began to rise around him and I stood next to his writhing body. His face looked up at me with anger and pain. It began to fade and morph. I young beautiful face was looking at me with blond hair and black eyes. It began to flood with water and change his face further. It became covered in scars that glowed red like water. Then it was covered in a steel helmet that he war in the Battle of the Last Alliance but the metal turned to dust and what remained was a chalky pale ghost-like face. It was the stages of Saurons corruption flashing before him. The chains suddenly cooled but Sauron did not try to free himself. Perhaps he realized he was going to die. It was a terrible feeling that he had inflicted on me. He raised a hand as much as the chains could allow and pointed to my mother's tiara. 
"Yes, Father. My mother's tiara."
 And with that, Sauron died. My father, my enemy, my fear, and my victim separated the none world with my mother in his head. I turned away from his body and searched for Melkor. I was surprised that he hadn't taken the opportunity while I killed my father but I could not see him at all. There was no trace of him and for a second I stood in the battlefield scanning it. The more I looked the more I realized how much we had fallen. Orcs and Dark Walkers alike covered Minas Tirith like ants. Two Balrogs were crumbling the city like dust and nothing could stop them. Even if Melkor was destroyed we could not survive his armies. A horn erupted into the distance. Horror and dread filled me like a storm of Elephaunts approached. The Haradrim came into view like they had 60 years ago. But the closer I looked I realized their banners held not the symbol of Morgoth but the symbol of their own race.  A red snake. They reached the battlefields and suddenly new hope filled me. They stood with us.