Goodbyes

"I'm not sure if this is a good idea, Elinor." Mumbled Legolas walking back to our home after the Govvenath.
"It will be dangerous, I know that," I told him. "But we are no strangers to being in peril." Legolas gave a forced smile and look down. We climbed a set of stairs and walked down a long corridor into our home. It was only small, with a bed, a table and a balcony with a good view.
I was surprised to find we were not the first ones to enter though. My mother and Galadriel were sitting in chairs, deep in conversation. When they saw me they both up and embraced me.
"Elinor. Don't go." Celebrian muttered.
"We can't let men fall for our selfish hand," I replied calmly.
"We know there is no way to convince you to stay but we do know that you may not return."
"I know, but these 60 years have been the best of my life. I've had everything I ever wanted and now, it's time to go again. Nothing lasts forever." I said trying to sound light as I walked over to get my sword. I grasped the handle marveling at how well suited it felt in my hand. I turned around to see everyone's pained faces including Legolas. I ignored them and took out my armor. Then my bow and quiver and at last my knife. At last, when I had nothing else to show them I turned to them.
" The ship leaves tomorrow at dawn," I told them as my mother broke down.
"All my children." She began to rock on the balls of her feet and Legolas cleared his throat and walked out of the room. Galadriel followed leaving her daughter bereft.
"Arwen choose to stay. Now you, and your brothers." I embraced her but she stayed limp tears streaming down her pale face.
"I'll be fine," I reassured her. She sniffled and straightened placing her palm on her cheek. She traced her finger around my mouth and nose and eyes.
"Your missing something." She said suddenly. She walked over to the mantlepiece where I kept her tiara and placed it on my head. "For luck." She swallowed nervously. I nodded stiffly, frightened to say something that would set her off. She remained calm though and smiled back.
"I love you." She whispered. With all my heart, I love you." And then she left.